Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo and X5 wtf?

Reaction score
edited: got the 3d printed adapter and mine works perfectly. Keep the settings in M and you will be fine.

Last edited:
Aright ino drone tech did a "thug life" move and shaved the osmo plate and i am doing it tomorrow as soon fedex drops my X5. but this guy got it working with the stock not shaved i dont get it look at the video at 2:04 wtf??? And he updates the X5 via his phone succesfully...

Yes, but you can only do this if you set up 7 tripods behind you and at 3:35 I thought he had pulled a tooth out on the desk in front of him to get this done!
But then I realised it was a blade fuse. :p

Reactions: Predator
Aright ino drone tech did a "thug life" move and shaved the osmo plate and i am doing it tomorrow as soon fedex drops my X5. but this guy got it working with the stock not shaved i dont get it look at the video at 2:04 wtf??? And he updates the X5 via his phone succesfully...

Actually, I believe the Osmo mounting ring WAS shaved but only the part of the ring that needs to rotate under the X5. If you look closely from 2:45 onwards, you can see the top of the mounting ring on the left side (in the video) is actually lower than the other parts of the mounting ring. And he did not update the X5 in the DJI Go App.. what he actually did was calibrate it. I can't verify if the X5 can actually be calibrated on the Osmo with the latest DJI Go App because I am not desperate enough (yet) to shave my Osmo mounting ring so I am waiting for DJI's "impending release" of the X5 to Osmo adapter. This guy is actually trying to tout this as the first available X5 gimbal for sale and for interested parties to contact them.

Edit: You can actually see it very clearly at 0:29 the back part of the Osmo mounting ring is indeed shaved lower to accommodate the X5.

Reactions: Predator
Actually, I believe the Osmo mounting ring WAS shaved but only the part of the ring that needs to rotate under the X5. If you look closely from 2:45 onwards, you can see the top of the mounting ring on the left side (in the video) is actually lower than the other parts of the mounting ring. And he did not update the X5 in the DJI Go App.. what he actually did was calibrate it. I can't verify if the X5 can actually be calibrated on the Osmo with the latest DJI Go App because I am not desperate enough (yet) to shave my Osmo mounting ring so I am waiting for DJI's "impending release" of the X5 to Osmo adapter. This guy is actually trying to tout this as the first available X5 gimbal for sale and for interested parties to contact them.

Edit: You can actually see it very clearly at 0:29 the back part of the Osmo mounting ring is indeed shaved lower to accommodate the X5.
You are right i did not see that on my iphone but from the computer (big screen) i see it! yeah i wont shave my stock plate i already ordered a 3d printed version i guess its gonna do the trick till the real adapter is released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla