Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Osmo App for the PC (Mac)

Discussion in 'Osmo (Handheld Gimbal)' started by WilsonFlyer, Aug 2, 2016.

1. WilsonFlyer

I would like to be able to use my Osmo for live broadcasts via FB and whatever while interfacing through and using the pipe resources afforded to my PC. It seems to me to be a logical application for the technology yet seems to be unavailable. Does anybody know what gives? It seems so obvious of an application like I said. Why hasn't DJI done this and even at that, why hasn't some third party picked up on it and developed something available in the Windows Store?

Apparently there's something out there or I've missed something obvious?

2. WilsonFlyer

No interest in this? That surprises me. Seriously.

Are there no viable resolutions to this?

3. SanCap

What are pipe resources?

Highrpm955 likes this.
  4. WilsonFlyer

Internet. I want to use the wired network resources on my PC instead of having to use the CELL DATA on my cellular device. Right now, since the Osmo connects via WiFi, that means the only way to the net is to use cell data to get there (with the store apps). There's gotta be a better/cheaper way when doing live feeds from fixed points.

SanCap likes this.
  5. SanCap

Could you use apples airplay and send the data from the osmo to an apple tv box then connect apple tv to your computer?

6. IrishSights

Outputting from Apple TV to HDMI monitor over Airplay with an Osmo works nicely :)

PFAW Holder
    BNUC-S Qualified

7. WilsonFlyer

8. WilsonFlyer

You're way over complicating this and what you said wouldn't work anyway, I don't think. I can't come up with a scenario that would work like that.

9. IrishSights

Not complicated at all! I have piped the Osmo output via Airplay to Apple TV and out through a monitor. It does work. If you have not tried it how can you say it wouldn't work? If you don't believe me that's fine but you can't say it doesn't work.

PFAW Holder
    BNUC-S Qualified

10. WilsonFlyer

And that helps me use Osmo to do a live broadcast to the net how, exactly? You missed the entire point. I'm not trying to get it to a (LOCALLY attached) TV!

#10 WilsonFlyer, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  11. IrishSights

Sorry Wilson, I just picked up the live feed bit. I just strung this through apple TV and into a Video Mixer desk and gave a live feed on the video projector. Never done live feed to the web...I'll stick to mapping I think :)

PFAW Holder
    BNUC-S Qualified

12. WilsonFlyer

NP. Didn't mean to get testy. I'm frustrated because what I Want should be out there. FROM DJI!

Actually, wouldn't your method have all the Osmo app stuff on-screen? That kind of defeats the purpose of a live feed to broadcast.

I can get a live feed. I could use your method to get to an HDMI capture board or USB device and do it. I'm just trying to avoid all kinds of variables, plus I don't want the app on-screen too.

A PC app ought to be obvious. Most modern laptops have wired and wireless connections. Some desktops do also. This really ought to be a no-brainer for DJI. The core is already written anyway. Why not just port it?

Granted, I could buy a nice webcam or use any number of other solutions (like a HDMI capture device as I noted above + almost any of my DSLR's), but it's the principle of the thing to me. There's simply no way this device shouldn't function in this way.

13. IrishSights

In the Osmo settings you can switch all the app screen stuff off...I know, it's half baked! It was handy to walk around the auditorium though and wirelessly stream to the main screen.

Holder of CAA PFAW
    BNUS-S Certified Pilot

14. WilsonFlyer

But even that would still be limited to 720p. Maybe we're splitting hairs, but that wouldn't give us the full capabilities on-screen of the camera itself.