Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo as webcam

If you are talking true webcam only way I could think of is to have iOS device, use FilmicPro app to control Osmo, use Apple HDMI adapter to get fullscreen clean Filmic video out of iOS device, and then use a capture card on computer to make that video available to apps like Skype and others that let you choose an external webcam.

This Russian´s project is a work in progress, his Rasperry-Pi based box outputs HDMI video from the Osmo, with remote control of the Osmo via Android or PC, but its far from ready Cosmostreamer - device for a real-time video streaming from DJI Osmo

Reactions: Mixchief
this cosmo streamer is way more complicated than I need, I know it is probably a tough thing to achieve, considering playback from the Cosmo via the Go app doesn't even sync sound, maybe because I'm using an external mic, but I just thought it might make a real nice webcam, my iSight is getting really long in the tooth, though in all fairness being somewhere around 16 years old it still works great, just has issues connecting here and there.

Using the DJI sdk - it is possible to obtain the individual YUV video frames and show them on an android device. Then to package the individual frames into a streaming video over the internet is not something that I've done. Also the DJI sdk does not have a method to retrieve the audio stream from the OSMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont