Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo Firmware Update

Reaction score
OSMO FW 1.5.2.0
Major Updates

1. Consumption reduced, increasing Osmo battery life to 90 minutes for a total recording time of 70 minutes (80 minutes with Wi-Fi off).
2. Fan turns off automatically when recording video. To keep fan off during video recording, tap Mute Fan
in the Audio Control menu. When activated, the fan will only restart to prevent critical overheating.
3. Video downlink optimized for enhanced live streaming.
4. Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in, or switch on Digital Zoom Control for fine control.
5. Control of Osmo tilt and pan axis simultaneously added by setting the joystick control direction to Free.
6. Added Portrait option to optimize portrait photography.
7. Optimized D-Log and D-Cinelike colors.
8. Downloading of videos and photos to mobile devices now three times faster.
9. Continuous photo capture by holding down shutter button added.
10. Added a key combination to turn on/off Osmo Wi-Fi. Pull down the power switch while simultaneously pressing and holding the trigger then release the trigger. Wi-Fi is off when the system status LED blinks twice. Repeat to turn on Wi-Fi. The Osmo will operate for longer when taking timelapse photos without Wi-Fi.
11. Note appears in DJI GO when trying to connect to an Osmo that is already connected to another mobile device.
12. DJI GO now displays the current photo instead of a live preview when shooting timelapses.
13. Audio control optimized to avoid audio distortion when recording in noisy environments.
14. Audio data loss when using some Micro SD cards under class-10 or UHS-1 fixed.
15. Double capture of the same shot when shooting panorama fixed.
16. Gimbal drifting reduced.
17. Joystick control optimized.
18. Horizontal calibration data saves automatically after powering off.
19. Single video recordings in high temperatures are capped at 30 minutes to ensure video quality.

I think you run the wifi, get the app started, start the timelapse on the app, travel back in time, turn off the wifi, and hope time travel paradoxes aren't an issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

can't update with x5. app doesn't detect it needs update and it won't even start the update with sd card and x5

Can't wrap my head around number 10.

I think you run the wifi, get the app started, start the timelapse on the app, travel back in time, turn off the wifi, and hope time travel paradoxes aren't an issue.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Pull the power slider and hold the trigger at the same time to toggle WiFi on and off. Easy.

FW 1.01 Im just going to download from DJI support page and do it like an I1 ... strange it didnt give a notification though. The app was updated this morning, so I just need to update to Osmo.

I got it... its updating now.

Confirmed: v1.5.2.0
Pretty cool... the pinch to zoom works good. Pan and tilt with the joystick in free mode works good, but you can do it via the screen at the same time (maybe it was like that before, I dont remember)..good update!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am curious as to how long it took for you to do this upgrade. I just started the upgrade and it has been over 45 minutes. as stated the indicator light should flash alternately red and green. No end in site yet. I am concerned about the remainder of the battery. Do you think I should try again or just let it run it's course?

As Dr Pepper would say - "What's the worse that could happen?" :p
Well my Osmo gets bricked, and my X5 gets bricked, and somehow when mounting the X5 back on the Inspire, it gets bricked as well.
That would be the worse that could happen! Wouldn't put it past DJI!

Reactions: The Editor
Interesting. I gave up on the OSMO upgrade and turned it off. The X3 was super hot! I let it cool down and then checked the result txt file. It said it was still upgrading and that's it. No success or fail. I turned it back on and all updates are there. I thought for sure I might have brick It. It still says it's on version 19 though . Very strange indeed. My I1's updated with no problems and show correct version. Anyone else seeing this issue when upgrading the OSMO?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop