Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo Firmware Update

Is this update only for the OSMO handle or does it update the X3 camera as well?

Since I'm still on firmware 1.5 on my Inspire 1, so i was thinking if the camera will not work with my I1 if i haven't done the latest 1.7 firmware upgrade on my Inspire 1?

Or will i be able to use the X3 camera on my I1 that has firmware 1.5 even after i have made the latest OSMO update?

Interesting. I gave up on the OSMO upgrade and turned it off. The X3 was super hot! I let it cool down and then checked the result txt file. It said it was still upgrading and that's it. No success or fail. I turned it back on and all updates are there. I thought for sure I might have brick It. It still says it's on version 19 though . Very strange indeed. My I1's updated with no problems and show correct version. Anyone else seeing this issue when upgrading the OSMO?
My update took about 13 minutes.

My update took about 13 minutes.
Did you get the normal update complete status on the left (sold green?) Did you get a success txt file?
I got none of that. I just turned it on and all updates were there. I still show FW is 19. But its working as of the update states currently.. I connected to internet wifi to verify version with DJI and it still shows version 19. The digital zoom function is working as well as the mute fan during recording. Any Ideas?

Did you get the normal update complete status on the left (sold green?) Did you get a success txt file?
I got none of that. I just turned it on and all updates were there. I still show FW is 19. But its working as of the update states currently.. I connected to internet wifi to verify version with DJI and it still shows version 19. The digital zoom function is working as well as the mute fan during recording. Any Ideas?
I got a "success" txt file... and showing correct FW update in the "about" menu., and yes, I got the beeps and solid green on the left after the update completed.

I got a "success" txt file... and showing correct FW update in the "about" menu., and yes, I got the beeps and solid green on the left after the update completed.
Ok! not to be a tool, I was just wondering what FW you were running before upgrade. I am just trying to figure out why my OSMO is working after not getting upgrade confirmation.

Ok! not to be a tool, I was just wondering what FW you were running before upgrade. I am just trying to figure out why my OSMO is working after not getting upgrade confirmation.
Dude.. I have no idea what mine was shipped with, I've only had it about a month. But the current is reading FW v1.5.2.0 , v02.63.49.98 on the camera.

Hi, just updated the firmware and all seemed to work ok, got the solid green onnthe left led and the beeps. But when checking the fw version it is showing 1.0.1.19+
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458387912.412202.jpg

Tried to update again but apparently V01.05.02.00.bin is already loaded, but not showing ?
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.05.02.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.12:45 19-3-2016

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

I was running OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It did take a long time to upgrade. If you're connected via WiFi and the app is running, you'll see a progress bar as to how far the update is. It did take almost 30 minutes. I too, turned it off mid way thinking nothing was happening and only then noticed the progress bar in the app when I tried booting it back up again. Worked fine.

Current Osmo version is 1.0.1.19. Downloaded current version 1.5.2.0, loaded new version on SD, iinstalled and powered up Osmo. Update process looked normal and advanced to 95% but not beyond. Had a quick flash message that update was successful ... however still showing 95%. Waited a few minutes ... no change. Eventually powered off Osmo then on again. Green light on as if completed. DJI Go app continued to show 95% and would not allow or open Go app indicating update not completed. Eventually deleted Go app and re-downloaded. Wi-Fi interface w/Osmo now working however version still 1.0.1.19. Tried a redo on update ... no success. Appreciate any suggestions ... all other firmware version are current. Thanks for your help.

Well I updated (I have the handle + X3) and it failed at 99% and now I have no video at all.

I then used my X3 on my Inspire and downgraded to Inspire FW 1.6, then update to 1.7, and that succeeded.

Went back to the OSMO, tried again to update to OSMO FW and again failed on 99%.

No video on OSMO at all via GO app. Everything is otherwise functional.

So...pretty much killed my OSMO

Current Osmo version is 1.0.1.19. Downloaded current version 1.5.2.0, loaded new version on SD, iinstalled and powered up Osmo. Update process looked normal and advanced to 95% but not beyond. Had a quick flash message that update was successful ... however still showing 95%. Waited a few minutes ... no change. Eventually powered off Osmo then on again. Green light on as if completed. DJI Go app continued to show 95% and would not allow or open Go app indicating update not completed. Eventually deleted Go app and re-downloaded. Wi-Fi interface w/Osmo now working however version still 1.0.1.19. Tried a redo on update ... no success. Appreciate any suggestions ... all other firmware version are current. Thanks for your help.

Exactly the same issue, down to the partial success percentage, the flashing screen "Success!" that then goes away (mine was more like a continuous strobe), green light, et al. Everything "seems" to be working again, but the firmware will not report as updated. Still on 1.0.1.19+

Result text file contains this:
========== 2016.03.19 20:38:51 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Would LOVE some help...

Hi, just updated the firmware and all seemed to work ok, got the solid green onnthe left led and the beeps. But when checking the fw version it is showing 1.0.1.19+

Same thing here. But nevertheless it seems that I have all the new functions of the 1.5.2.0 firmware. The firmware just doesn't show right in the menu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08