Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

OSMO hyperlapse settings?

Reaction score
Are there specific settings on the Osmo for hyperlapse or so you just use timelapse?

This might be a dumb question but I'm not sorry. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you must use the timelapse settings. Thanks. Good chat.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Your question was a good one- and I'm experimenting with just that.

While the Osmo has an awesome timelapse setting, you have to be careful, in my experience, of the gimbal.

The gimbal is awesome, but in this case, it is too free-floating. It will cause you final video to more shaky than what you want- even if you 'fix' it in Post (Aftereffects)

I think there are some settings you can play with... perhaps adjusting the play for the X and Y axis to very minimal- or maybe keeping the gimbal locked so you have more control for the direction of the camera.

Also, go into Settings-> Camera-> Timelapse Format and choose "video & jpg". By default mine was on video. Imagine my surprise when I went into Post and couldn't find the 167 pictures from my 20 minute, and instead found an already assembled movie from my 167 pictures.

DJI, while this fine for amateurs, professionals would like to leave the movie option off and choose just 'jpgs', or, even better, DNG, if that option was available.

Your question was a good one- and I'm experimenting with just that.

While the Osmo has an awesome timelapse setting, you have to be careful, in my experience, of the gimbal.

The gimbal is awesome, but in this case, it is too free-floating. It will cause you final video to more shaky than what you want- even if you 'fix' it in Post (Aftereffects)

I think there are some settings you can play with... perhaps adjusting the play for the X and Y axis to very minimal- or maybe keeping the gimbal locked so you have more control for the direction of the camera.

Also, go into Settings-> Camera-> Timelapse Format and choose "video & jpg". By default mine was on video. Imagine my surprise when I went into Post and couldn't find the 167 pictures from my 20 minute, and instead found an already assembled movie from my 167 pictures.

DJI, while this fine for amateurs, professionals would like to leave the movie option off and choose just 'jpgs', or, even better, DNG, if that option was available.

As you noted, the Osmo is not an ideal time-lapse camera, specifically in regard to the gimbal not remaining fixed over time and introducing unacceptable movement in the final sequence. For pro results, the only solution is the old-fashioned one of a still camera on a tripod or rail system.

For hyperlapse, where the Osmo takes interval shots while the Osmo is handheld while moving, this is much less noticeable and results in some unique effects. Rollerblading or fixed on a bike comes to mind, or even mounted on a car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan