Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo & Inspire controller?

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can use a controller with the Osmo? Say if you had one one guy running with the osmo & another operating the camera. You could also then have a hdmi output.

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
Anyone know if you can use a controller with the Osmo? Say if you had one one guy running with the osmo & another operating the camera. You could also then have a hdmi output.
How? The OSMO doesn't transmit anything.

How? The OSMO doesn't transmit anything.

Smartphone connects to the Osmos WIFI. My guess is lightbridge is a hacked wifi so wondered if the two can work together at all.

I guess maybe the idea is you just use another tablet and join the wifi? that would give you a 2nd screen

I know you can hookup a controller to the Ronin & as they've just brought out the wireless focus puller (has to be plugged into a controller) that works on the inspire x5 (x5 also works on osmo) so I'm wondering if controllers will work with osmo.

Smartphone connects to the Osmos WIFI. My guess is lightbridge is a hacked wifi so wondered if the two can work together at all.

I guess maybe the idea is you just use another tablet and join the wifi? that would give you a 2nd screen

I know you can hookup a controller to the Ronin & as they've just brought out the wireless focus puller (has to be plugged into a controller) that works on the inspire x5 (x5 also works on osmo) so I'm wondering if controllers will work with osmo.
Opps - sorry, my mistake. I didn't think the stick transmitted anything (I have no interest in a stick so I haven't researched them enough).
I now understand they do in fact have WiFi video link.
I will shut up now and crawl back in my man cave.

Opps - sorry, my mistake. I didn't think the stick transmitted anything (I have no interest in a stick so I haven't researched them enough).
I now understand they do in fact have WiFi video link.
I will shut up now and crawl back in my man cave.

I wonder how long till we have live selfi feeds on Facebook.. here's my face while I poo.. It is a strange phenomenon :eek:

The I1 remotes have nothing to do with WiFi.

Strictly speaking thats true. But they all run on wifi frequency
  • 5.725 GHz ~ 5.825 GHz
  • 2.400 GHz ~ 2.483 GHz
I'm sure they work together. They are in the business of creating an eco system. With the x5 & x5R

Frequency band is one thing, but only a tiny fraction of how a system works.
The LB uses completely different components, modulation and protocols.

Frequency band is one thing, but only a tiny fraction of how a system works.
The LB uses completely different components, modulation and protocols.

Ok lets put it another way. Do you think the Omso has lightbridge built in as well as wifi?

maybe the ronin thumb controller will work with the osmo in the future, that would be sweet.

Just looked up the specs.. its interested to note the new cheap phantom 3 standard uses a similar setup with video on 2.4ghz wifi & control features on 5.8.ghz
Phantom 3 Standard Specifications | DJI

Maybe the phantom 3 standard's controller works with the Oslo.

If not just hope you can connect a 2nd iPad etc to view the live stream.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian