Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo with inspire 1 X3 problem

Reaction score
I updated my inspire 1 to the latest version. Prior to updating, I fitted the X3 to the Osmo and fired it up. Camera sprung into action and did its calibrating routine. After updating the inspire 1 to the latest update, The X3 does nothing on starting the Osmo. everything on the Osmo works apart from the camera angle control button.

The X3 head has sound from inside the body and then the fan kicking in after about a minute or so. Just no movement of the X3 camera, just limp not springing into life when the Osmo is switched on.

Is my very latest update ok for working the Osmo with the i1 X3 or is there a further upgrade needed to tha camera to operate with the Osmo.

Cant understand why it worked ok and started calibrating as soon as switched on on a much lower firmware. Before updating to 1.3.0.00 then 1.5 then to 1.6.

Hoping it is an easy fix.

Cheers
Ian

I updated my inspire 1 to the latest version. Prior to updating, I fitted the X3 to the Osmo and fired it up. Camera sprung into action and did its calibrating routine. After updating the inspire 1 to the latest update, The X3 does nothing on starting the Osmo. everything on the Osmo works apart from the camera angle control button.

The X3 head has sound from inside the body and then the fan kicking in after about a minute or so. Just no movement of the X3 camera, just limp not springing into life when the Osmo is switched on.

Is my very latest update ok for working the Osmo with the i1 X3 or is there a further upgrade needed to tha camera to operate with the Osmo.

Cant understand why it worked ok and started calibrating as soon as switched on on a much lower firmware. Before updating to 1.3.0.00 then 1.5 then to 1.6.

Hoping it is an easy fix.

Cheers
Ian
Firmware on both Inspire and OSMO must be the latest versions.

How do I update the Osmo if the camera is not functioning as it should.
I am assuming the Osmo update has to have the camera attached to the Osmo so the SD card in the camera accepts the update.

You must first update the camera on the Inspire with the latest Inspire firmware so that it knows what an osmo is, then put it on the osmo and upgrade that with the latest osmo FW.

I updated my inspire 1 to the latest version. Prior to updating, I fitted the X3 to the Osmo and fired it up.

You should not have done that, connecting an X3 that has pre-1.5 firmware to the osmo corrupts its settings. Might need to do a "reset gimbal" on the I1 to get them right again.

I thought I had upgraded yesterday to the latest upgrade. When I checked today here is the results of where the AC and Rc are re upgrades.

App Version 2.43
Aircraft Version 1.2.1.06+
RC Version 1.5.70
Camera 1.5.00.30

I thought the camera was upgraded to 1.6. looks like I might need to re do the 1.6 upgrade.

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
I upgraded the Osmo to the latest firmware. Went through the upgrade as it said in the upgrade manual.
Everything works but the camera is limp with no action at all. can take a pic and a video, both work but the camera is not under control of the Osmo for calibrating or any movement or stability.

Cheers
Ian
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I must add that there was no bleeping sounds from the Osmo when the download was active. There was just flashing lights on the left side of the Osmo. I also can not get the Osmo to show any image or acknowledge the Osmo, on my DJI go app.
I seem to only have a drop down menu for inspire 1 and inspire 1 pro. No Osmo to select.

Last edited:
No wifi to my iPad air that was using to test it with. I only have the option in the go app to select inspire 1 or the inspire 1 pro. I have no wifi image on the go app.

Cheers
Ian

Inspire 1 now updated to

App Version 2.43
Aircraft Version 1.6.00.40
RC Version 1.5.70
Camera 1.6.00.40+

No difference to the performance of the Osmo.

Cheers
Ian

Inspire 1 now updated to

App Version 2.43
Aircraft Version 1.6.00.40
RC Version 1.5.70
Camera 1.6.00.40+

No difference to the performance of the Osmo.

Cheers
Ian
Now that you have correctly updated the I1, place I1 x3 on OSMO and run latest OSMO FW .80. With bug fix. Once completed, reboot OSMO, go to wifi settings on your IPad and wait for the OSMO to show up after wifi scan. Click connect if you see. Open go app. You should now see the OSMO. If you are not seeing the OSMO wifi network, then you could have the dreaded issue that some have had where wifi no longer works. This will require you to send back to DJI for repair.

Thanks. I will try this out tomorrow, 1 am here in Scotland.
The X3 camera works fine when placed back on the inspire 1. Has to be the Osmo that is the problem.

Many thanks for your input, will update tomorrow.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks. I will try this out tomorrow, 1 am here in Scotland.
The X3 camera works fine when placed back on the inspire 1. Has to be the Osmo that is the problem.

Many thanks for your input, will update tomorrow.

Cheers
Ian
i had the same problem... i re'installed the GO app and activated the Osmo... if you have the latest FW on the X3 the Osmo will work straight out of the box.. the gimbal did not spring to life until the Osmo was activated...

i had the same problem... i re'installed the GO app and activated the Osmo... if you have the latest FW on the X3 the Osmo will work straight out of the box.. the gimbal did not spring to life until the Osmo was activated...
just reading your post again... the X3 FW should be updated on the Inspire... did you do that?

Blue Bird

I did as you said and and upgraded to latest firmware. I connected the Osmo via Wifi to my iPad Air 2. All going well at this point.
I have a video image on the ipad within the go app. I checked the current firmware. It is indeed the latest firmware, that I just downloaded onto it.

Then the go app page goes to the confirm your account page where I can not add my password as there is red writing underneath the activation button stating that you have to be online to activate the account. The activation button is not highlighted to be able to press. In the top left corner, I have no Wifi signal bars.

The camera is still not springing into its calibrating mode when the Osmo is switched on, just laying there lifeless. Yet still showing the live image through the camera.

Whilst typing this I switched off and back on a couple of times and all of a sudden the camera had some life about it. Thinking I was getting somewhere. I now can move the camera up down and left and right using the button on the Osmo.
I switched off and back on, with the same results after about three times switching off and back on. Great I thought. Only problem is I now have no connection to the Osmo through the iPad. No image on screen, no controls working, top line says Na Na Na Na Nothing is available.

Just when I thought I was getting some where seems like when one thing works the other does not. Was a bit more optimistic when the camera started having some life about it.

Cheers
Ian

Please answer the question that was asked. Power on your Osmo, and go to wifi settings on your mobile device. Does the Osmo network appear, and does it stay there even if you let things sit that way a couple of minutes, or does the network disappear?

For activation you might need a device that has cellular data available. The wi-fi only process seems a bit bogus, didn't work for me.

Does your osmo still present its wifi network for the phone to connect to?
I am sorry for missing your question. I would have thought that my other posts would have answered your question. I was getting a wifi connection to the Osmo when the camera was not springing to life when the Osmo was switched on. Now I have the camera springing to life but no Wifi.

Cheers
Ian

Please answer the question that was asked. Power on your Osmo, and go to wifi settings on your mobile device. Does the Osmo network appear, and does it stay there even if you let things sit that way a couple of minutes, or does the network disappear?

For activation you might need a device that has cellular data available. The wi-fi only process seems a bit bogus, didn't work for me.

Yes the Osmo shows on the Wifi in settings, even although there is no Wifi connection since the camera started working as it should. It did work as a camera but was limp just flopping about, now when switched on it immediately swings around to the front of the Osmo. But I have no Wifi connection at all. I can nothing from the go app.
I think it might be the same problem that others have been getting with no Wifi.

I will contact DJI when they are back to work on the 4th.

I may well if it has to go back just get them to send me the complete Osmo with camera connected.

Cheers
Ian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44