Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo X3 vs Inspire X3 - Any Differences?

Reaction score
Osmo Gimbal and Camera
USD $439
  • Video: Ultra HD 4K@30fps, or 1080p@120fps
  • Photo: 12 megapixel resolution
  • Sensor: 1/2.3” CMOS
  • Lens: 9 elements in 9 groups including two aspherical elements
  • 94°wide-angle FOV
  • Minimum distortion
  • Interchangeable ND and UV filters
Zenmuse X3 Gimbal and Camera
USD $550
  • Records 4K video at up to 30FPS, or 1080P video at up to 60FPS
  • Capable of producing 12 megapixel stills
  • Lens: 9 elements in 9 groups including an aspherical element
  • 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor
  • 94⁰ wide-angle FOV
  • Full 360⁰ range, giving you limitless freedom
  • 3-Axis gimbal helps to produce smooth and stable footage in any flight conditions
  • 20mm focal length lens with no distortion or fish-eye look
Can anybody shed any more light on the differences?
Does the Osmo X3 truly have 1080p@120fps vs 60fps for the Inspire X3?
Why is the Inspire X3 more expensive?
Why can the Inspire X3 be used on the Osmo handle, but the Osmo X3 can't be used on the Inspire?
Bottom line - since most of us here are Inspire owners, should we just buy the Osmo handle or is there any benefit to investing in the Osmo X3 camera?

Why can the Inspire X3 be used on the Osmo handle, but the Osmo X3 can't be used on the Inspire?

Well from the point of gimbal and camera it could - if DJI would not have put a completely different limited Image Transmitter Firmware into the OSMO so that it will transmit no image to the RC.

From what I believe the Osmo camera is set to a closer focusing distance than the X3 so it focuses at say a metre or so and the X3 focuses further into the distance

From what I believe the Osmo camera is set to a closer focusing distance than the X3 so it focuses at say a metre or so and the X3 focuses further into the distance

So then if you put it on your car the only thing you will see focused will be the Mercedes star on the car...............

what I want to know is if you put the inspire x3 on the osmo handle. will it still record 1080 at 120fps, or will it be limited to 60fps like when it is on the inspire

One thing I noticed is that when you're using the SLOMO function (1080p @ 120 fps) it narrows the field of view, probably because it's reading a smaller field of pixels on the sensor to get a faster write to the card.

I tried mounting osmo x3 on my inspire.
I get a live feed but for some reason the feed is upside down. Also the gimabl wont do its little dance when i start up the inspire. And i have no control of the gimbal. I didnt try putting the inspire x3 on the osmo because i got a notification when launching the app that its no compatible yet.

I tried mounting osmo x3 on my inspire.
I get a live feed but for some reason the feed is upside down. Also the gimabl wont do its little dance when i start up the inspire. And i have no control of the gimbal. I didnt try putting the inspire x3 on the osmo because i got a notification when launching the app that its no compatible yet.

OSMO X3 is not for the Inspire, but the Inspire X3 will work on the OSMO.. when the FW will come.

Reactions: jon b
OSMO X3 is not for the Inspire, but the Inspire X3 will work on the OSMO.. when the FW will come.
This is true. DJI States Osmo x3 will not work on Inspire. My inspire Camera works really nicely on Osmo and for $269 is a great way to expand the use of the inspire kit. Love the panorama mode. Time lapse/interval modes are useless for now as the gimbal drifts slightly between shots.

I did a test with both the Osmo and the X3. The change in focus is not significant for most shooting situations. Both can get to within an arms length of the subject being filmed and wide angle perspective distortion becomes fairly significant at those distances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop