Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo X5R on front end of sports car. 4K Raw

Reaction score
Not a fan of suction cup mounts because of the vibrations they introduced when attached on surface body of vehicles. I therefore hardmounted the Osmo Raw on the tow hook of my vehicle, inverted, so it dangles inches from the road. The results came out stellar! Shot with the new SLR Magic 8mm lens. Enjoy!

Very nice! No problem with wind resistance on the gimbal at those speeds?

For the commercial below we rigged a RED on an MX to a chase car (couple shots from that rig shown in the video below). Used about six suction cups with an anti-vibration mount that was custom rigged. Very nerve-racking just inches from the ground...all it takes is a little pebble to the lens at that speed and and the lens is toast.

Reactions: Tommcmick
Not a fan of suction cup mounts because of the vibrations they introduced when attached on surface body of vehicles. I therefore hardmounted the Osmo Raw on the tow hook of my vehicle, inverted, so it dangles inches from the road. The results came out stellar! Shot with the new SLR Magic 8mm lens. Enjoy!

This was very cool. Any photos of the Osmo RAW mounted on the car?

Very nice! No problem with wind resistance on the gimbal at those speeds?

For the commercial below we rigged a RED on an MX to a chase car (couple shots from that rig shown in the video below). Used about six suction cups with an anti-vibration mount that was custom rigged. Very nerve-racking just inches from the ground...all it takes is a little pebble to the lens at that speed and and the lens is toast.

Yeah thats exactly the look and feel I wanted when shooting cars. I feel that same result can easily be achieved now at a fraction of the cost, and it doesn't require a crew. The Osmo Raw performed exceptionally at 75mph.......wind was not an issue at all. The next step now is to add different lenses for more stylistic looks, and shoot it in raw of course ;)

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool