Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ouch. Inspire to the face.

there goes a career... i would beat the [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] out of the pilot. now that is flying with no brain or the bird went nuts which does not look like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
YOW! Good luck getting a modelling contract after that...
Jeez some pilots are straight-up idiots. Unbelievable

I would like to see these people fined. Heavily. Who wants to bet they don't have a 333 exemption, pilot's license or insurance?

There were other clips of this video and a interview with the model. It does appear that it was not the fault of the pilot except for choosing to fly in high wind gust. I have been trying to acquire the full story from the news station that reported it. In some of the other longer video takes you can see the Inspire behind her struggling to hold itself steady. When he came up for the close up, he swung around to get the shot, then another wind gust took the inspire right into her.
She was wearing hair spray and there for it is difficult to tell about how high the wind gust were. However, if you look at her shirt, you can see it rippling from the wind and also how high the surf was. She even admitted that it was not pilot control error.
I will post the video report as soon as the news station releases it. I only just now saw the full report on TV. My guess is that the gust were as high as 25 to 30 MPH.

There were other clips of this video and a interview with the model. It does appear that it was not the fault of the pilot except for choosing to fly in high wind gust. I have been trying to acquire the full story from the news station that reported it. In some of the other longer video takes you can see the Inspire behind her struggling to hold itself steady. When he came up for the close up, he swung around to get the shot, then another wind gust took the inspire right into her.
She was wearing hair spray and there for it is difficult to tell about how high the wind gust were. However, if you look at her shirt, you can see it rippling from the wind and also how high the surf was. She even admitted that it was not pilot control error.
I will post the video report as soon as the news station releases it. I only just now saw the full report on TV. My guess is that the gust were as high as 25 to 30 MPH.
I appreciate your efforts in eliciting additional illumination on this accident. However, stating that "It does appear that it was not the fault of the pilot except for choosing to fly in high wind gust. " is like saying "but for the captain carelessness in speeding through waters known to be populated by icebergs the Titanic would not have sunk. " This "pilot" (using the term very loosely) chose to disregard high gusty winds and fly dangerously close to a person. Both violations of good operating practices and common sense.

Reactions: Ikopta and Ezookiel
Guys, I totally agree with you. And yes it was truly the pilots fault for not thinking it thru before flight. I was only pointing out that it was wind that caused the incident. If you saw the other video clips that I saw, You might even say he was some what good at holding position. However, I would not have even thought of chancing it with gust like those. I never take my birds out when it's 15 MPH winds or more. It's just plain idiotic, stupid and irresponsible.

then you do not take off or keep safe distance. my opinion.

Reactions: Ikopta
It will ALWAYS be the pilots fault. Even an aircraft malfunction will be deemed as the pilots fault since they are in charge of the flight and responsibility stops with the PIC.
It appears to be an onshore wind as well which means it was very irresponsible of the pilot to even attempt a maneuver like that.
At the very least he/she should have positioned themselves so the the wind was behind the model. That way any sudden gusts would have pushed the aircraft away from the talent.
Very poor piloting skills and bad judgement on the part of the PIC.
This person should not be allowed at the controls of a UAV IMO.

Reactions: InspiredOne

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions