Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ouch. Inspire to the face.

... At the very least he/she should have positioned themselves so the the wind was behind the model. That way any sudden gusts would have pushed the aircraft away from the talent.

This is not entirely unlike stunt work. Stunt men look at the given situation from every conceivable angle. They take all contingencies into account. They consider everything that could or will go wrong. Only then do they devise a way to make it work safely. We have the responsibility to do the same. SAFETY is always first!

And by the way, you cannot get a "close-up" with a wide angel lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
the x3 lens is cheating anyway. everything looks closer than you really are.
i have done manouvers when my OP was looking at the monitor and when looking up i was like: dooooh, that was further away then i thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't react quickly enough to ground the drone and get the talent to take cover, you're too close. Want a tight shot? Get a friggin crane.

Looks like they called "up" and the very skilled pilot went forward..
After replaying this several times; am I wrong by determining this was not a wind gust but an intentional move by the operator? I mean look at the aicraft's change in attitude( along the pitch axis) by dipping the nose. If a strong wind gust caught the bird, wouldn't the pitch change be towards the rear (direction of the wind?) thus dipping the tail.

After replaying this several times; am I wrong by determining this was not a wind gust but an intentional move by the operator? I mean look at the aicraft's change in attitude( along the pitch axis) by dipping the nose. If a strong wind gust caught the bird, wouldn't the pitch change be towards the rear (direction of the wind?) thus dipping the tail.

I'm in full agreement. That does not appear to be the result of a wind gust.

The entire craft tilts forward before it powers into her. That does not appear to be a wind gust no matter how you look at it. It very clearly changes pitch and moves forward.
The only other alternative I can see is that it is fighting a headwind - hence the already heavily forward pitched angle, and the wind suddenly DROPS and so it now finds that fight to maintain position becomes a forward motion.
But ALL of those are STILL THE PILOT'S FAULT.
No matter what the model thinks.

Any word on whether she was injured by it? I sure wouldn't want those spinning blades hitting me in the face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the x3 lens is cheating anyway. everything looks closer than you really are.
i have done manouvers when my OP was looking at the monitor and when looking up i was like: dooooh, that was further away then i thought.

Not sure what X3 you have, but FOV on the stock X3 makes things look FURTHER away than you really are. It's a wide angle lens, not a zoom lens.

Another IDIOT on this planet !!!! That stupid should be on jail, can you imagine one of those props on her eye?

There's no excuse for what happened !
He could have been 100 hundred feet away pick your direction
He owns it. That's your responsibility when you touch the the remote!

Inexcusable period. NO REASON TO EVER BE THAT CLOSE WHEN YOU ARE SHOOTING 4K. Shoot from a safer distance, crop the shot for the close up and add the no crop for the wide. If a DP was involved in the shot telling the pilot to get closer well he's an idiot as well!

Reactions: Patriot1776

I was about to say the same thing because after watching it several times myself, I came up with the same conclusion. Also, it doesn't look THAT windy. Hairspray or not, with hair that long in high winds will still be whipping in the wind. I've tried photoshoots with 15+ mph winds, the models had on lots of hair spray but their hair still blew sideways.

What's the deal with the video below where it says that it's the same pilot of the I1? He's kicking that woman in the face with his foot! Maybe this guy has a serious problem with women and wants to attack their faces!! In that video, the guy is clearly looking at her face!!

Ah boy! Mmmmmm......Mmmmmmm

well every time i fly "close" over a tree top my cam op goes: " pull up pull up!!!! that was close...." and goes changing his underware lol
i felt things closer rather than father away. but i never go out of LOS. even if its close.

well every time i fly "close" over a tree top my cam op goes: " pull up pull up!!!! that was close...." and goes changing his underware lol
i felt things closer rather than father away. but i never go out of LOS. even if its close.

Lol, I hear ya. You've both probably subconsiously adjusted and know when things are close regardless of the wide angle. Its kind of like your passenger side car mirror (things in mirror are closer than they appear). I hate flying near trees period. It's so hard to judge distance to begin with. Ive flown R/C for 20 years and have had my share of flying behind a tree and suddenly finding out wasn't behind it :(

Reactions: Ezookiel and Phatzo
Total pilot error!! The Wind will not do that to an Inspire 1 with your hand off the throttle. Anyone who says the wind did it clearly don't have the right experience flying the Inspire.

Reactions: Ezookiel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSVGraciel