Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Overheating batteries - firmware?

Reaction score
Website
vimeopro.com
I have not flown my Pro for a while and just updated to 1.10.1.4.

After the first two flights, the batteries seem to have a short life. When I tried to charge them I got led 4 flashing - overheated.

One was a 47, the other a 48.

Anyone experienced this?

Any fixes before i go back one generation?

If you dont put a storage charge on your lipo batteries it can significantly decrease the life of them and cause alot of issues. I always use my batteries within three days after they have been fully charged or put a storage charge on them. I store my lipos at 50%

This is from the thedronegirl.com, If by the 3rd day you realize you are not going to use your battery today, you need to discharge your battery down to 3.6v-3.8v per cell for safe storage until you are ready to use the battery again. 11. Always store your LiPo batteries at room temperature. Do notstore them in a hot garage, or in a cold refrigerator.

Last edited:
How is the best way to discharge the batteries excluding hooking them up to the drone and running the props? I don't think I can rely with any degree of certainty on the smart discharging features built into the batteries. Or do you think this is adequate? Is there some device that we can purchase to help with discharging?

For my hexacopter and race drones my charger does all the work discharging. With the inspire batteries im honestly not sure. A nice charger should have a discharge capability.

I have tried running the batteries down and then using the Discharge mode of my SmartPowerCharge, but it makes no difference.

Anyone else flying successfully with 1.10.1.4 on an Inspire Pro?

Storing the batteries on a full charge might have killed them, ive had it happen myself.

Doesn't sound good news.

Trouble with discharging for storage is, you don't know how long it will be between jobs, or if you will get called out at short notice.

Not looking foreward to spending $1200 which eats into my profit for the next few jobs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08