Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Override of DJI No-Fly Zones - UPDATE

I thought this was new. Thanks for the info.
I wish it was. :(
This idea was put in place as an interim measure while DJI built a web based unlock service which was due to be launched in September. That didnt happen either so now we are left with R&D working on a solution.

Any updates on how to get around the NFZ lockdown? I purchased an Inspire 1 to document official Air Force Activities at Travis Air Force Base where I am the Base Multimedia Manager and with the current lockout it is useless. I have clearance from our local ATC folks, flight safety, etc., so we are good to go from the base to fly and capture the required video documentation but can't fly because of DJI's lockout. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Any updates on how to get around the NFZ lockdown? I purchased an Inspire 1 to document official Air Force Activities at Travis Air Force Base where I am the Base Multimedia Manager and with the current lockout it is useless. I have clearance from our local ATC folks, flight safety, etc., so we are good to go from the base to fly and capture the required video documentation but can't fly because of DJI's lockout. Any assistance would be appreciated.
DJI announced changes to the way they handle geofencing last month. You will be able to unlock various NFZ when you enter them. This should solve your particular issue. Nobody knows when this new system will be released. Otherwise, aside from jamming your GPS antenna (not recommended), there's no way around the current lockout.

DJI announced changes to the way they handle geofencing last month. You will be able to unlock various NFZ when you enter them. This should solve your particular issue. Nobody knows when this new system will be released. Otherwise, aside from jamming your GPS antenna (not recommended), there's no way around the current lockout.

Later this month according to DJI's Brendan Schulman

I've seen a couple people say hacked firmware files that remove restrictions are available if you know where to look, but I haven't looked yet and haven't seen anyone post a direct link do I can't confirm 100%, maybe someone else knows more.

in my country - Hungary the NFZ started to work :( unfortunatly there is no way to get certification of any kind by the faa /caa authoraties here as there is no law at this point.
my parents live near the airport and according to the app i am in the nfz but on the official nfz homepage by dji it is not. (the nfz is not the same size)
my question: any update for a workaround yet?
if i roll back to an earlier FW can i make it fly in that area? - obviously not high and only for test purpose. i am looking forward to getting orders which will be in nfz at times (rally races) so i will be doomed if i can't make the bird go up and afger the cars racing by :(
in my personal opinion the nfz is overkill in some cases. it should be unlocked for people with certificate or made availabe to have the approved pilots to disable if needed and then reable after flight. in countries with no chance of approval by authoraties the nfz should not be enabled unitl law is set. i habe not heard of any incident when nfz did not work vere yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Editor,

can you please help me, I am trying to find the thread where you give the link to the airmap for DJI no fly zone override. I can´t find it within the search of this forum.
thank you. - I did register and unlocked already a zone for me to test in January. :)

no not that one. I received that one in my e-mail notification. I am talking about the thread. trying to open it from the mail I get an error message that the thread is non existent :(
Did you get an invite from beta to participate from Dec 30th.
They needed 200 P3 and 80 Inspire users.
I believe they now have sufficient participants.
Is that the mail you mean?

Edit: Ahhh....I think I know what you mean. It's this one
Overriding DJI No Fly Zones | DJI Inspire Forum

Did you get an invite from beta to participate from Dec 30th.
They needed 200 P3 and 80 Inspire users.
I believe they now have sufficient participants.
Is that the mail you mean?

Edit: Ahhh....I think I know what you mean. It's this one
Overriding DJI No Fly Zones | DJI Inspire Forum

I got this in my mail as I am watching the thread

Phatzo, The Editor posted a new thread to a forum you are watching at DJI Inspire Forum.

Overriding DJi No Fly Zones

OK - the goalposts have changed slightly, but I did promise it was coming to the Inspire (albeit nothing DJI do is ever to projected timeframes it seems). However, it was requested and its almost here

Currently in beta (I'm not giving out anything I shouldn't as this link is publicly available)
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Some of us will be testing this going forward from yesterday.............................

Watch this space

when clicking in my e-mail on the topic i.e.: Overriding DJi No Fly Zones I get an error message from the forum that it does not exist. - Am I missing something?

Phatzo, The Editor posted a new thread to a forum you are watching at DJI Inspire Forum.

OK - the goalposts have changed slightly, but I did promise it was coming to the Inspire (albeit nothing DJI do is ever to projected timeframes it seems). However, it was requested and its almost here

Currently in beta (I'm not giving out anything I shouldn't as this link is publicly available)

Some of us will be testing this going forward from yesterday.............................

Watch this space

when clicking in my e-mail on the topic i.e.: Overriding DJi No Fly Zones I get an error message from the forum that it does not exist. - Am I missing something?
sorry did not notice the "edit" but that is the one. thank you. - it is now "watched" :D

Watch this space

You signed the agreement correct? Should be there.

You signed the agreement correct? Should be there.
it´s all there and I already unlocked my space I will try to go flying carefully as it is fairly close to the main airport of Budapest :D
kind of the other side of the forest lol
but do not worry Mr Editor I have had good teacher on this forum and will not endanger anyone or anything. simply for testing the service. I did register at airmap and verified my account at DJI.
will post my results :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE FORUM :D
cheers
Martin

I cant download any of the files even when I agree ro their terms and conditions. I then tried it on their website, got to the point where they issued me a verification token, I entred it and the next page it gives an error. In my unlock history it shows I have 1 point but I cant open it.

I cant download any of the files even when I agree ro their terms and conditions. I then tried it on their website, got to the point where they issued me a verification token, I entred it and the next page it gives an error. In my unlock history it shows I have 1 point but I cant open it.
Were you invited by DJI beta to join the testing (via email)?
If so, you need to direct all questions through Centrecode'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez