Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Override of DJI No-Fly Zones - UPDATE

Does anyone know where the "unlimit area" can be found in the Dji go app 2.5.1 in regards to the no fly zones from DJI head quarters? Received an email in Chinese from DJI and I'm confused please help. image.pngimage.png

I don't have "unlimit area" on the menu when clicking on the bottom right of the menu. It's supposed to be there. DJI sent me the above pics. It dose raise the question that maybe it only comes up when inside the fly zone? Which doesn't make sense. Unfortunately the pics the in the wrong order the bottom pic should be above the bottom pic.

You have to first be Verified on the website before you can do anything, Once you are verified (Credit Card or Cell Phone) then when you enter a no fly zone it will automatically pop up a message asking you if you want to unlock the no fly zone. It will then unlock it for 24 hours before asking you again to unlock the zone.

If you are going to fly somewhere where you know you will NOT have internet access, then you need to goto DJI's geofencing website and unlock the zone manually which will last 3 days.

Its very easy to do.

Reactions: The Editor
In addition to the above - you are able to unlock up to 30 areas in one go so if you are going to fly multiple locations or areas that will overlap it is possible so long as you work out your flight plan (which you should be doing in any case)

my i ask and sorry for my ignorance from which FW it will work ?
i am still on 1.4.00.10.
any signes of 1.7 coming out soon? - asking for time frame. days, weeks or months... or DJI time light years??? lol - teasing :) no offense meant here.
i did register using my phone number and it said in my account i am good to go.
will test it as soon as i get out into that no fly zone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, looking for some clarification. I just realized that I am on 1.6 which really blows...I did notice the past two days of flying that things were slower all around. I delayed installing the Go app update on my devices thinking THAT was the one I wanted to wait on. So....you can't go back from 1.6, right? My update to the GO app is 2.5.1...is that the one (on iOS) that institutes NFZ's in a more aggressive manner with the unlock thing?

You can easily go from 1.6 to 1.5 many have done it without issues.

As far as the DJI GO app.. yes the 2.5.1 does the geofencing. Honestly, as long as you are verified on DJI's website you won't have any issues with NFZ's You get one simple prompt that tells you your going into a NFZ's and asks you to accept, and then bang your good in that zone for 24 hours.

You can easily go from 1.6 to 1.5 many have done it without issues.

As far as the DJI GO app.. yes the 2.5.1 does the geofencing. Honestly, as long as you are verified on DJI's website you won't have any issues with NFZ's You get one simple prompt that tells you your going into a NFZ's and asks you to accept, and then bang your good in that zone for 24 hours.

Really? Just pop 1.5 on a card and start the bird? I though 1.5 to 1.4 was good but 1.6 to 1.5 wasn't possible. Will give it a shot.

Hmmmm...maybe I am not doing something right. Downloaded the DJI GO APP (Android Beta Version) and the Beta Firmware for GEO Only - Inspire 1 Beta Firmware V01.07.00.43. Installed the new DJI Go app and re-flashed the firmware to this version, but I see no difference. App still shows that i am in a no fly zone, but I get no options to do anything to unlock the area. Also tried the on-line unlock utility and see nothing different, Go app still shows "you are in a no fly zone" and will not allow any operation.

App shows it is version 2.6.0, reports the remote as 1.5.70 (did not update the remote firmware, don't think you can except through the app) the camera as 1.5.00.30 and the aircraft as 1.6.00.40+

No of which reflect the version of the beta download, V01.07.00.43. When I ran the firmware update in report all successfully completed in the text file.

Anybody got a clue as to the next step to try and get this wporking? Has anyone had success with the Android beta setup?

Thank you,

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

Hmmmm...maybe I am not doing something right. Downloaded the DJI GO APP (Android Beta Version) and the Beta Firmware for GEO Only - Inspire 1 Beta Firmware V01.07.00.43. Installed the new DJI Go app and re-flashed the firmware to this version, but I see no difference. App still shows that i am in a no fly zone, but I get no options to do anything to unlock the area. Also tried the on-line unlock utility and see nothing different, Go app still shows "you are in a no fly zone" and will not allow any operation.

App shows it is version 2.6.0, reports the remote as 1.5.70 (did not update the remote firmware, don't think you can except through the app) the camera as 1.5.00.30 and the aircraft as 1.6.00.40+

No of which reflect the version of the beta download, V01.07.00.43. When I ran the firmware update in report all successfully completed in the text file.

Anybody got a clue as to the next step to try and get this wporking? Has anyone had success with the Android beta setup?

Thank you,

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA
I'm afraid unless you are part of the beta team (which is now starting it's second phase) you will not be able to get support. I am not talking about public beta, I mean closed beta testing.
If you are beta please direct all questions through Centrecode'

No, not part of the closed beta, I missed it, got in to late and they already had all they wanted I guess. I was just posing the question to the forum, has anyone tried the public Android beta and has it worked?
I added the procedure that I followed and the other information in case I had missed something maybe a member could set me on the right course.

Would there be a better thread to post this under?

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

No, not part of the closed beta, I missed it, got in to late and they already had all they wanted I guess. I was just posing the question to the forum, has anyone tried the public Android beta and has it worked?
I added the procedure that I followed and the other information in case I had missed something maybe a member could set me on the right course.

Would there be a better thread to post this under?

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA
Here is fine - many have had success with the Android beta and been flying v1.7 FW without issue.
DJI have just embarked on the next round of Geo testing along with the iOS version of the Go App (awaiting Apple approval).
Hopefully the release will not be too far away.
I have just checked and Travis is unlockable under v1.7. The current restriction runs from the Railroad in the North down to Creed Rd in the South and extends out to Ragsdale St in the West. But you probably knew that. :)

Reactions: SanCap
Here is fine - many have had success with the Android beta and been flying v1.7 FW without issue.
DJI have just embarked on the next round of Geo testing along with the iOS version of the Go App (awaiting Apple approval).
Hopefully the release will not be too far away.
I have just checked and Travis is unlockable under v1.7. The current restriction runs from the Railroad in the North down to Creed Rd in the South and extends out to Ragsdale St in the West. But you probably knew that. :)

"many have had success with the Android beta and been flying v1.7 FW without issue." Yep, that is what I am looking for, one of those many to tell me if I have muffed something up in the set up in some way.

I take the bird out and acquire the GPS signal and it pops a message up that says "You are in a no fly zone" and will do nothing, same as when I first tried it several months ago. Is the beta app supposed to bring up some sort of unlock procedure message? I thought maybe there would be a selection in the menus to do this, but I find nothing there either. Also tried doing the unlock on the web site, showed that it was unlocked on there - got the text with the code and all, but it seemed to make no difference either. Just trying to make it work.

We purchased this model because it seemed to be one of the better ones available at the time, but I never saw any mention of the no fly zone lock out when researching it. If I had I probably would have gone with something else as we will only be flying on Travis to document AF assets for the video work we do here, right in the middle of the no fly zone. Hoping this will work out, got some of the bosses looking at me going " you can't fly because what?"

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

Hey guys. A little help please. I was given te DJIgo unlimit app directly from DJI...However I can not connect to my bird? I am on 1.6 FW on the bird but it is showing 1.5...My question is what and how do I access the unlimited? I currently have 2 apps on my ipad air that I bought specifically to run this FW.. I am supposed to be able to fly in NFZ's and no altitude limits? Anybody else having problems? I may also address that I access the app main menu under general settings.. scroll down and just under the clear flight rout I have the digital switch option and it is " unlimited_unlock_flyzones And I can not switch it from off to on?

Hey guys. A little help please. I was given te DJIgo unlimit app directly from DJI...However I can not connect to my bird? I am on 1.6 FW on the bird but it is showing 1.5...My question is what and how do I access the unlimited? I currently have 2 apps on my ipad air that I bought specifically to run this FW.. I am supposed to be able to fly in NFZ's and no altitude limits? Anybody else having problems? I may also address that I access the app main menu under general settings.. scroll down and just under the clear flight rout I have the digital switch option and it is " unlimited_unlock_flyzones And I can not switch it from off to on?

please excuse my ignorance since i am neither part of closed or public beta due to the fact that i need a reliable AC which is currently the case for me with FW 1.4.00.10+
i am trying to wait out the NFZ thing and the apps to it.
my question is: how do you get the unlimited app and what does one have to show DJI for it?
i did verify my account, got a code and used it to unlock but did not have a chance yet to test it and probably expired by now. (hungary near the airport) - the place is a part of budapest district which borders with the airport. it just falls into the NFZ. - that is where i wanted to test it but due to lack of time i did not.

i really hope this will be sorted soon as i am having orders ready and can't tell my costumers: sorry but my rig i spent a fortune on and bill you a **** load for it can not fly here because the manufacturer decsided to build in a block mechanism and is still working on way to make it work for all of us... i do not know when they will have the final usable version ready. sorry. - that just would not really do it for me.

really eager to know more about this.
cheers

Well myself I am 10+ year veteran of Law Enforcement. I also hold a Sport Pilot license and Had to basically jump threw many hoops to get the software/firmware. I do use my P3 in my field of work and also enjoy the hobby off duty. My problem lies in the fact the directions are so poor from China that I have no clue what to do? I know I have set everything up from Centrecode and Flysafe, as well as DJI. They requested my I.D and my law enforcement credentials as well as my current Pilots license and a few forms which they provided.

Well myself I am 10+ year veteran of Law Enforcement. I also hold a Sport Pilot license and Had to basically jump threw many hoops to get the software/firmware. I do use my P3 in my field of work and also enjoy the hobby off duty. My problem lies in the fact the directions are so poor from China that I have no clue what to do? I know I have set everything up from Centrecode and Flysafe, as well as DJI. They requested my I.D and my law enforcement credentials as well as my current Pilots license and a few forms which they provided.
wow...
i tried to find centre ode and install it but had no luck. is that a program provided from DJI on e you get in the team?
or is it freely availabe...
seems like it will take bit to be availabe then in my country for sure since we are still not having any kind of certification nor a normal insurance that would actually pay if something happens...

thank you for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk