Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Oversaturated Red Colors on Zenmuse x5

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5' started by Epic Light Media, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Epic Light Media

Anyone experience oversaturated reds on Zenmuse x5? When I shoot the red color is oversaturated and way to vibrant. Any ideas on setting to use in camera to avoid this?

https://goo.gl/photos/26e5MUjW8hf3vnXT6

[​IMG]

2. haricobean

I am having similiar issues did you get to the bottom of this?

3. gruvpix

Yes this drives me crazy. We were filming at a location with a bright red bridge and the footage is unusable because it looks like a glowing magenta bridge in all the shots...
    DJI seems to have problems accurately reproducing red colours on the X5, you could try d-log.

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it just shows up DJI inexperience in camera production (again).
    I bet if you could put the X5(R) output on a vectorscope it would miss its phase on a few points!
    Because there is no paint/matrix options on the X5 offerings you stand no chance of getting it to hit the mark. :mad:

gruvpix likes this.
  5. gruvpix

Haha yep... the camera also really struggles if there is a reddish light cast on the scene you are filming... This drove me crazy with another recent shoot as it was for a boxing match where red lights were used at points to illuminate the fighters. Any time they were cast in a red light, all natural skin tones and colour was out the window and cannot be brought back easily in grading.