Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

P4 going as fast as our I1 ... almost

Reaction score
Website
www.phat.hu
I checked the spec sheet and the P4 in sports mode is as fast as 20m/s on the other hand our I1 is only 2m/s faster with 22.
what the hell is DJI thinking?
I mean, I am having a Rallye race order coming for this season. my customer might come with the great idea, hey why not buy a tap´n fly phantom 4 for the price of that martin guy who flies for almost the money I could get the P4? - ok I can´t fly and have no clue whatsoever but who cares in the woods or in open space.
I don´t understand why DJI is kind of ruining our market space with something that would rather deserve to get into the I1 than into a phantom - excuse my rant to the users but we invested 3K+ for our systems and not lousy 800USD or even 1000... not to mention the X5 series.
I have to generation one I1 and will not be able to sell them. having to spend another fortune if I want to keep up with competitors...

in my opinion the Phantom as it is should not be close to the specs of the Inspire 1 plain due to the cost. next will be the P4.5 with retractable legs and 360° camera view with second operator option having a second RC...

someone enlighten me. I might be to dumb to understand. don´t let me die stupid.

thanks. - this is starting to get frustrating...

Unfortunately DJI is not really a consumer loving company. They are riding their success as long as they can and getting as much out of it as possible in a short period of time. It is my opinion that the coming years will bring dozens of new companies doing the same thing for less.
Most companies wait so that their consumers buy every iteration of their product. DJI is rolling them out so fast no one wants or needs one of each. Expect this industry to be like that of computers; they will advance so quick that once you get one it will already be obsolete.

Reactions: Kilrah and gruvpix
I don't quite understand the frustration. There is far more to the Inspire than simply top speed. Further, the Inspire 1 is approaching 18 months of age, should their newer products be forever handicapped simply because there was a faster model released previously? The P4 costs $1400, not much less than a used Inspire.

Reactions: Christian Wiggers
Imagine all those P3 buyers too.:mad:
DJI must bring back the old speed which was 27 m/ps.I hardly reach 24 m/ps in general wind conditions.Tested this over and over again,Yes in ATTI you can reach the old speed.
Since this speedreduction I can't follow my friend's speedboat anymore.

I don't quite understand the frustration. There is far more to the Inspire than simply top speed. Further, the Inspire 1 is approaching 18 months of age, should their newer products be forever handicapped simply because there was a faster model released previously? The P4 costs $1400, not much less than a used Inspire.

seanmclean, the point I am talking about is that the phantom is a "lower" catergory like a BMW i8 and a BMW 3 series... phantom is / should be the 3 series and I1 the i8. now the phantom seems to be an i7 with a V12 engine like the i8 but the i8 has a small turbo and some power steering with all wheel drive... the phantom has all wheel drive, power steering and night vision or ABS... doesn´t really matter. no the i8 costs you a **** load that you invest for a race to win now comes a roady along with his i7 - don´t forget you made a licence for the i8 do be allowed driving and making money with it- and kind of beats your *** with his little monster... not even having the slightest idea how and what the i7 he has for half the money he spent is capable of. now your i8 is kind of worthless and even used you can´t get a decent sell on it.
to sum it up. the P4 should have been put on the market about half a year from now and at least updates to our I1 should be made available to not having to spend another 3-8k+ on equipment like we did. DJI should not reduce speed for us as we are the higher price class in this segment. period.

Imagine all those P3 buyers too.:mad:
DJI must bring back the old speed which was 27 m/ps.I hardly reach 24 m/ps in general wind conditions.Tested this over and over again,Yes in ATTI you can reach the old speed.
Since this speedreduction I can't follow my friend's speedboat anymore.

do you maybe know from which FW the speed reduction is done? I am on 1.4.00.10+. In ATTI I was able to sprint after a rallye car going about 60-80km/h I believe...

seanmclean, the point I am talking about is that the phantom is a "lower" catergory like a BMW i8 and a BMW 3 series... phantom is / should be the 3 series and I1 the i8. now the phantom seems to be an i7 with a V12 engine like the i8 but the i8 has a small turbo and some power steering with all wheel drive... the phantom has all wheel drive, power steering and night vision or ABS... doesn´t really matter. no the i8 costs you a **** load that you invest for a race to win now comes a roady along with his i7 - don´t forget you made a licence for the i8 do be allowed driving and making money with it- and kind of beats your *** with his little monster... not even having the slightest idea how and what the i7 he has for half the money he spent is capable of. now your i8 is kind of worthless and even used you can´t get a decent sell on it.
to sum it up. the P4 should have been put on the market about half a year from now and at least updates to our I1 should be made available to not having to spend another 3-8k+ on equipment like we did. DJI should not reduce speed for us as we are the higher price class in this segment. period.

Two years is an eternity in technology. Today's Camaro is significantly better, in nearly every category, then a Corvette was 10 years ago. Things move on, and get better. I'm sure whenever the Inspire 2 comes around, it will reintroduce the gap between it and the Phantom line.

Unfortunately DJI is not really a consumer loving company. They are riding their success as long as they can and getting as much out of it as possible in a short period of time. It is my opinion that the coming years will bring dozens of new companies doing the same thing for less.
Most companies wait so that their consumers buy every iteration of their product. DJI is rolling them out so fast no one wants or needs one of each. Expect this industry to be like that of computers; they will advance so quick that once you get one it will already be obsolete.

ok, let them evolve but we should have at least some of the higher price tag features that phantom users should not due to exactly because of the PRICE. 3K is not 1400USD... it is 1400 so less features or lower speed or something else. in dronedeploy you do not get features when you do not pay, only some are free and even then you do not have all the features as if you´d pay even more?
99 a month be a pro
499 a month precision and have contours or measure whatever you want, have native pixel resolution 1cm/pixel be able to export bla bla bla... you pay more you get more... we payed more, we should get more. no?
computers are not that fast in evolvement anymore.. ok you can get a laptop and if you are really eager you could buy a new and better one every month but they still would be small differences like RAM or other stuff which is upgradable. I found a laptop which would last me at least 5 years like the one I owe now which is 6 years old and serving me very well. cost me a 1000 euro. ASUS has since released machines I dreamt of at the time I bought this one. but each would last at least this long before one would consider to buy a new/better one.
if I spend so much on something I want to have something for it. ok 3 or 8k is peanuts for some on this forum and they buy DJI stuff like we do sugar but to me it is a **** load of money and I am expecting to have something for it even if it is something small like speed. DJI should make upgrades available for us that have a first gen I1 to at least save the investment to be able to get the X5R or X5 and put it on with a peace of mind.

my c2 but you are right Mazz I agree with you.

Two years is an eternity in technology. Today's Camaro is significantly better, in nearly every category, then a Corvette was 10 years ago. Things move on, and get better. I'm sure whenever the Inspire 2 comes around, it will reintroduce the gap between it and the Phantom line.

I am hoping you are right but I still feel we should be able to retain the value of our investment and the Camaro of today is better in what compared to a beautiful Stingray? the best things ever produced was in the 90´s. everything. music, people born in those years and before - not saying the later generation is not but today people are more material oriented and judge by your wallet not your character...,- cars, backpacks etc...kind of everything.
today... look a car today.. you have to kind of buy a new one because the "old" one will cost so much that a new one with the free service for the 4 years has better value than the one you have and would need to spend since everything will break in it. the new audi Q7 is smaller and lighter than its predecessor but is not better. smaller inner size, big family = to no room when you have two or three kids and lets say a dog... the older one? huge back row. three kids in the back? no problem. two dogs and a rooftop bag from Thule or similar? no problem at all. the new looks nicer but is not better.

I want something for my money. lets say SPEED or a motor upgrade to V2 that I don´t have to buy on the internet or have someone check for me. no, I would like to send it in, pay the money for it and have it back working nice and smooth being able to hoist the X5R and have a nice working aircraft.

You still have a long list of features on the Inspire that are better than anything on the Phantom line. Wind stability, camera quality potential, 360 panning, etc. Speed is at the bottom of the list of why the Inspire is a better machine.

Simmer down.

Reactions: John Mutton
I'm not seeing any technical advancement here that is a direct replacement for hours logged with your machine. Sell your skills to your customer, not your machine.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm not seeing technical advancement here that is a direct replacement for hours logged with your machine. Sell your skills not your machine.

right you are but i am talking about principal not my personal want or not want to have. we paid more we should get more.
the fact it goes as fas as the I1 is a threat to my business here. the fact it is easy to use and noobs will try it buying and eventually wrcking it in someone car or house will make my working space thinner. 1400 is a lot around here but still enough less to get bought by a lot of people who will want to make money from it in a short time willing to do jobs cheap and shitty.
i will do my best to sell my skills and not my equipment as that is what one pays for in first place. - knowlidge of the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right you are but i am talking about principal not my personal want or not want to have. we paid more we should get more.
the fact it goes as fas as the I1 is a threat to my business here. the fact it is easy to use and noobs will try it buying and eventually wrcking it in someone car or house will make my working space thinner. 1400 is a lot around here but still enough less to get bought by a lot of people who will want to make money from it in a short time willing to do jobs cheap and shitty.
i will do my best to sell my skills and not my equipment as that is what one pays for in first place. - knowlidge of the other.

You paid more, you got more. Got. That's the key phrase there. If the only thing you're selling your customers is speed, then you must not have that much to offer. There are far better platforms for speed only.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You paid more, you got more. Got. That's the key phrase there. If the only thing you're selling your customers is speed, then you must not have that much to offer. There are far better platforms for speed only.

i am of course not. that is one feature i am talking about. good signal would be another one being able to have stable video feed on my canera rc and the ability of better penetration due to the stronger signal the newer AC's have. like i said it the principal of upgrade possibility which not given. instead i would have to buy a new craft... speed is not all, right but when having to chase cars and go fast it could challange me to loose my order due to the cheaper similiar capable p4.

please try to stay objective. i am having to offer somewhat others were not able to do so not knowing my work stating what you did is rather personal which i am not. i am ading what i mean that i do not intend to offens anyone and none of my posts are directed towards a member of this forum. simply because i do not know all of you and also have no information of the quality of work you do. please respect that.
i am still talking about the principals.

Hi Phatzo, firstly let me state that as a commercial operator, I feel your pain and respect all the work that commercial operators do. Next, I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else for that matter. But the fact of the matter is drone technology is moving at breakneck speed and 2 years is a long time in a fast moving technology field as seanmclean pointed out. As such, it makes it harder for DJI to have market segmentation between their product lines (the way auto makers do), often with the latest craft in one 'category' pushing the limits of the closest craft in the next 'category'. I don't think anything I say can lessen the frustrations we face, but we have to understand and accept that just as much as we have our competitor 'martin guy' who can tapfly (cannot reach 20m/s since this speed is only in sport mode) his way into your market, DJI also has their competitors like Yuneec, 3DRobotics and others to pit their latest drones against especially in the Phantom class/category. End of the day, everybody needs to innovate and invest time, money and effort to stay in the competition. Don't blame the new drone or the new competitor. I'm sure you also frustrated others who have invested in S800/900/1000s when you entered the market with your Inspire 1. The bigger issue at hand is something all vendors in the creative industry face - how to get clients to appreciate the craft (both) enough to pay good money for the work produced.

do you maybe know from which FW the speed reduction is done? I am on 1.4.00.10+. In ATTI I was able to sprint after a rallye car going about 60-80km/h I believe...
Not sure. I will look after this.Will let you know

You still have a long list of features on the Inspire that are better than anything on the Phantom line. Wind stability, camera quality potential, 360 panning, etc. Speed is at the bottom of the list of why the Inspire is a better machine.

Simmer down.
It's not the speed only.It is more the way DJI has done this without notice us.I'm happy with my Inspire,but when I'm going out on locations where I need speed(boat racing and stockcar racing),this reduction is significant and I don't like this.

It's not the speed only.It is more the way DJI has done this without notice us.I'm happy with my Inspire,but when I'm going out on locations where I need speed(boat racing and stockcar racing),this reduction is significant and I don't like this.
The speed of the inspire would never be enough for boat and/or stock car racing. There's a reason they use helicopters for that. A few m/s would not make a difference.

phantom series are great... if you are use for making money. i believe inspire 1 are perfect for you. the picture quality of x5 are so sooo much far better than p4... x3 already does a nice job.

Reactions: Bryan Conover
we payed more, we should get more. no?
You did for a year.
Like the computer you buy today will be more powerful and cheaper than the one you bought a year ago. You paid extra, you enjoyed the advantage for a year. Deal's over now... or is it? Not so much since the P4 can't get an MFT camera, interchangeable lenses, dual op... just put those to use, that's why you paid the premium, no?

Computers have slowed down and it's more like 3-4 years now really, but the UAV market is now where computers were 15 years ago, where power would pretty much double every year while reducing price too...

Reactions: fei8820

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi