Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Panoramic photo from different locations

Reaction score
I have an area that I want to capture that is too large to cover in one photo straight down. What I would like to do is take multiple photos from 100 feet and stitch them together to create a large photo that has the appearance that it was taken from a very high altitude but still retains the ability to zoom in and keep detail.

I have heard that it is possible to take video over a location and essentially unroll the video into a large photo. I am unsure if this is possible or if there is a way to do it with multiple photos and a large overlap to reduce the distortion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a .pdf of what I was thinking but unsure if it is possible.

Attachments

• PHOTO.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Mixchief
I have an area that I want to capture that is too large to cover in one photo straight down. What I would like to do is take multiple photos from 100 feet and stitch them together to create a large photo that has the appearance that it was taken from a very high altitude but still retains the ability to zoom in and keep detail.

I have heard that it is possible to take video over a location and essentially unroll the video into a large photo. I am unsure if this is possible or if there is a way to do it with multiple photos and a large overlap to reduce the distortion.

Are you trying to do something like this? City Of Sanibel, Old Blind Pass, November 10, 2016, 1:48 PM, Low Tide | Created By SanCap Aerial

Reactions: marg2
No I have a client that needs a flat image to retain scale not a 360° panoramic. It will be a large area that I need a overhead photo. So the images would need to be taken from different locations and would be stitched together. I only know how to stitch a photo from one focal point not multiple.

Reactions: SanCap
No I have a client that needs a flat image to retain scale not a 360° panoramic. It will be a large area that I need a overhead photo. So the images would need to be taken from different locations and would be stitched together. I only know how to stitch a photo from one focal point not multiple.

Maybe some of the mapping programs would help??

Reactions: rdweaver
I use a few 360 shots on my Facebook page. I do mine with Microsoft ICE and Photoshop. Great picture and area!

you should be able to stitch it together in photoshop and actually I think lightroom has a stitching function, of course when to capture if you are doing 2 rows you should try and be as precise as possible. Photoshop gives you various options as to how to stitch if you want a flat result or a cylindrical, spherical or otherwise

GOOD MORNING NORTH MIAMI 2.jpg

this is of course taken from one spot, but you can compile it with takes from different locations as long as they are all in a "straight line" if you know what I mean

This is images from 1 location, the OP wants to stich many photos from many locations.
I'm aware of that, but the process is the same as long as care is taken in maintaining the proper linear route in order to avoid distortion. My shot has a lot of distortion due to the fact that the lens is in one location basically rotating on one axis, by moving the drone in a linear fashion and taking multiple shots at approximately the same distance apart, there should be no problem in stitching them together and in fact having them appear as if they were just one photo.

Reactions: SanCap
I used drone deploy and captured images straight down and stitched together in PTGUI. That worked pretty well.

Reactions: Mixchief
Yes I agree. Drone Deploy WILL work in this case absolutely.
And if not too many pictures it's free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret