Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Parallel Charger Board

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a "old generation" charging board like this one:
Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-09-22%20%C3%A0%2013.46.43.png

I plan to use it with a 24v 10amp power supply with a DC/DC converter set to 26.3V.
My question is: What is the difference between the old one and this one:
Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-09-22%20%C3%A0%2013.46.59.png

I've got the newer one. I've had it a month and I still don't know what the switch is for!
I read somewhere that this switch had something to do with the resistor. Desactivating them when you want to use the DJI original charger.

The huge ceramic high-current resistors marked as "HOT" are probably for discharging the batteries. Perhaps the switch changes it from a "charging station" to a "discharging station".

mTp

Interesting how there seems to be no concrete answer. Can anybody have "the facts...just the facts" :) (Dragnet quote if your old enough to remember)

According to this page:

DJI Inspire 1 Battery 1 to 3 Second Generation Parallel Charger Board

It's simply a "charging switch" which is used to turn on the charger after everything is hooked up. If Tj_ has one, seems like that'd be an obvious function of the switch, though.

mTp
Yes I'm using the stock charger and the switch does nothing. The batteries still charge in either position.

I'm "thinking" that if I was to plug in a different style charger in the cylinder type connection then it may (or may not) do something?

Yes I'm using the stock charger and the switch does nothing. The batteries still charge in either position.

I'm "thinking" that if I was to plug in a different style charger in the cylinder type connection then it may (or may not) do something?

Thanks for the info. Perhaps, as you say, it's only functional when using a high-current power source through the cylindrical connection. Having a 15A supply connected to the open battery-charging tabs could be dangerous, although even the <1A stock charger would probably cause a fire if the tabs were shorted. Dunno. Gotta wonder how much power is lost through heating up those big resistors during charging, though.

mTp

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess they're to limit the current going flowing through each battery. If the power supply attached provides too much current for the load in the batteries, it will heat up the resistors rather than blowing out the circuitry in the battery. Much cheaper than an active current limiting circuit, but wastes more power through heat.

mTp

ok. I have both and I can pretty much tell you what they are.
the button
press in ( for original DJI charger)
press out (for high amperage non DJI charger)

the difference between the 2 ( with and without ceramic.)
when using the high amperage power supply unit, without the ceramic resistor, the battery will blink only on the 2nd LED, indicator overcharge. ( this happens with 1 or 2 batteries.)
when charging with 3 batteries, at near the end of the charging, all 3 batteries will blink on the 2nd LED. ( this doesn't happen all the time.)

so when using with the 450w power, you have to press out the blue button so that all the batteries will charge properly.

however, when using the original DJI charger. if it's press out, 3 batteries will charger slower. but they will still charge.

why does it happen, I am not sure. but it does happen.

I have 7x tb48 and 1x tb47
so I own 2 450w chargers with ceramic splitters.
I usually charge all my batteries in 1 go. don't like swapping them. and prefer to have them all charge within 90mins.

forgot to mention, that splitter without the resistor is only ideal for original dji charger. it has a disadvantage. 3 batteries of different cell power,
eg, batt 1: full discharged, batt2:40%, batt3:70%
without the ceramic resister, the batteries are all linked. batt1 will draw all the power from the charger that batt2 and batt3 don't have enough voltage to charge.
by right, when batt1 reaches 40%, batt2 would also start charging together. but it doesn't always happen. sometimes the batt1 chargers too slow that batt2 doesn't detect the voltage change and ignores and thus batt2 eventually doesn't even get charged even thou batt3 and batt1 are fully charged. I experienced this.

the only way to work around this is the turn on all the batteries then turn on the DJI charger. so far this seems to work. but it doesn't work with 450w power, it will still indicate overpower within matter of minutes.

Reactions: Tj_
forgot to mention, that splitter without the resistor is only ideal for original dji charger. it has a disadvantage. 3 batteries of different cell power,
eg, batt 1: full discharged, batt2:40%, batt3:70%
without the ceramic resister, the batteries are all linked. batt1 will draw all the power from the charger that batt2 and batt3 don't have enough voltage to charge.
by right, when batt1 reaches 40%, batt2 would also start charging together. but it doesn't always happen. sometimes the batt1 chargers too slow that batt2 doesn't detect the voltage change and ignores and thus batt2 eventually doesn't even get charged even thou batt3 and batt1 are fully charged. I experienced this.

the only way to work around this is the turn on all the batteries then turn on the DJI charger. so far this seems to work. but it doesn't work with 450w power, it will still indicate overpower within matter of minutes.
Thank you for clearing all this up!

omg I just reread my post. countless spelling errors. only slept 4 hours in the past 70 hours. currently on a commercial shoot job, (non aerial) so I was just going thru my emails and stuff and spotted this message.so please bear with all my spelling errors.

I have 7x tb48 and 1x tb47
so I own 2 450w chargers with ceramic splitters.
I usually charge all my batteries in 1 go. don't like swapping them. and prefer to have them all charge within 90mins.

For how long have you used the parallel charger? is it safe to charge with the higher power supply ? I believe you didn't had any issue so far, as you still use it. I'm also looking for a way to parallel charge my batteries

ya no issues. the last update to v1.3 I used a discharger circuit with the lamp. in mode 3, it discharge to 3.2v? I then proceed to charge all my batts in 1 go. so far so good. have done full charges for 6 times now. then again, I hardly fly. I use the p3 to practice and i1 when theres a job. gonna have to upgrade to x5r soon.
so far the i1 has got 2x 450w chargers but the p3 uses stock charger with splitter without ceramics. when charging the p3, I always turn on the batteries first before turning on the charger.

One more question... Is the voltage indicator reliable ? Mine indicate 25.6V but my multimeter give me 26.3V...

Also, what is the other digit for ? Mine indicate 015...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido