Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Park Practice

Smooth and slow , looks good . It's easy to fly fast with the Inspire but it takes more control to go slower with smooth pans , nice flight keep practicing and enjoy it...

Anytime you fly and don't crash is a good flight. You are clearly learning the joys of flying the Inspire with different movements creating varied shots. Keep practicing and keep up the good work. Did you want any comments about the video editing?

Anytime you fly and don't crash is a good flight. You are clearly learning the joys of flying the Inspire with different movements creating varied shots. Keep practicing and keep up the good work. Did you want any comments about the video editing?

Thank you for the comments. I am always looking for constructive criticism. Anything to help me learn.

Kenotic
I make the following comments as my personal views. Video editing is a bit like writing styles, everyone has a different view about what they like and what the think looks good. With that in mind, I try to keep any individual segment to no more than 4 seconds in duration. Even 2 to 3 second sections can work. At the beginning I would have the initial move sideways as 2 or 3 seconds segments with a dissolve transition as you have done elsewhere. All objects are still seen at some stage.
If you start panning (either with yawing of the aircraft or gimbal) try and maintain a constant speed. This is a problem at 0.33 to 0.36 and around 1.00 where some jerking occurs. One way to correct this is to edit out the bit where the change in speed occurs, and again use a dissolve transition to blend the bits before and after.
Try to avoid periods with the I1 stationary eg 1.13 to 1.23, unless there is movement in the shot (ie vehicles passing a point, surfers riding a wave or even water cascading over rocks) something needs to be moving.
In any given video I try to have all transitions the same. At 1.23 you do an abrupt transition with the others a dissolve.
I did like the final pan keeping the water tower central, although it lasted about 19 seconds. Three 3 second segments, taken with a constant gap in between, would look even better.
By way of example, and I am happy for any return criticism, the following clip of mine uses these ideas.
Keep up the good work and fly safe
David

[QUOTE="DavidB, post: 99959, member: 21121"By way of example, and I am happy for any return criticism, the following clip of mine uses these ideas.
David[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the criticisms I think it will make me better. I really like what you did in your video and I inspire (I see what you do there;) to be at that level. I also get what you are saying about the length. This is my first attempt at editing any of this type of footage. Most everything I have done has been blog and commentary based so we had much longer shots.

Funny to see that you make the same with half the time from your first video.
Good job.

Ken

It is certainly an improvement. I have taken the liberty of editing your video, adding a little bit of random music and re-posted this on YouTube. The video only goes for 39 seconds, but every angle you used is included. I have mostly edited out the sections where there is obvious movement of the camera/I1 or when nothing is moving, and generally limited the clips to around 3 seconds. Hopefully this will help as you become more familiar with what I1 footage looks good and how to make the most out of your footage with editing.

Regards
David

Ken

It is certainly an improvement. I have taken the liberty of editing your video, adding a little bit of random music and re-posted this on YouTube. The video only goes for 39 seconds, but every angle you used is included. I have mostly edited out the sections where there is obvious movement of the camera/I1 or when nothing is moving, and generally limited the clips to around 3 seconds. Hopefully this will help as you become more familiar with what I1 footage looks good and how to make the most out of your footage with editing.

Regards
David
Thanks man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018