Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Part 107 Exam..passed.

Another happy RemotePilot101 customer here. I diligently followed all the lessons, and even reviewed a few of the more unfamiliar ones. After taking the test today, I pretty much agree with everything folks have said - study hard! On my test, I only had a few weather related questions, but it was full of sectional charts, CRM and ADM. 87% score with just a week's worth of concentrated study - mainly of the rp101 stuff.

It is actually quite hard. Well, maybe tricky more so than hard. I passed with a 95%, but if I hadn't gone over all of my answers very carefully I would have scored an 87% because I did change 5 of my original answers. Watch the wording very closely. Two of the three I got wrong seemed a bit ambiguous, but after further review I was technically wrong. The other one I got fooled by the language.

Reactions: Highrpm955
Another happy RemotePilot101 customer here. I diligently followed all the lessons, and even reviewed a few of the more unfamiliar ones. After taking the test today, I pretty much agree with everything folks have said - study hard! On my test, I only had a few weather related questions, but it was full of sectional charts, CRM and ADM. 87% score with just a week's worth of concentrated study - mainly of the rp101 stuff.

This rocks my friend thank you for the kind words and congrats! Remember the course is yours for life so we'll catch up again in 2 years. The course will be even more up to date and better than ever!

Jason

You might want a ruler for some of the trickier Sectional Chart questions, like "What is the maximum height you could fly around the obstruction approximately 30NM south-southeast of Bolen Airport (area 2)." On questions like these they tend to send you in the direction of an area with multiple obstructions, so mapping the chart scale to 30NM with a ruler is helpful. I never had to do any conversions from knots to MPH or SM to NM or the more intensive navigation questions you would find on a Sport Pilot AKT, so a calculator wasn't necessary, at least in my case. I had the whole plotter and cardboard flight computer -- it was overkill.

I just passed with a 90 and can confirm that there were a lot of tricky questions. I can say with complete honesty that I would not have passed without the remotepilot101.com course. Not only was the course good, they added additional content based on feedback from actual test takers. Made me feel like they really wanted to provide a good service, not just take my money.

A couple questions that stumped me:

If convicted of marijuana possession, how long do you have to wait to apply for a UAS certificate: I guessed 12 months which I think was correct.
How far from a tower with guy wires should you fly: 500ft 1000ft or 2000ft. I guessed 2000.

Other than those, TAFS, VFR chart questions, restricted airspace, attitudes, crew management, etc... all the stuff mentioned above.

Tony

PS... Thanks for the course Jason. Fair money for a great product with excellent customer service!

Last edited:
Ear plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To drown out screamers who missed too many questions. No, there were planes idling just outside and a lobby near the testing room with people talking, so to help you concentrate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might want a ruler for some of the trickier Sectional Chart questions, like "What is the maximum height you could fly around the obstruction approximately 30NM south-southeast of Bolen Airport (area 2)." On questions like these they tend to send you in the direction of an area with multiple obstructions, so mapping the chart scale to 30NM with a ruler is helpful. I never had to do any conversions from knots to MPH or SM to NM or the more intensive navigation questions you would find on a Sport Pilot AKT, so a calculator wasn't necessary, at least in my case. I had the whole plotter and cardboard flight computer -- it was overkill.
There is a scale on every sectional chart. Just make a mark on the edge of a piece of scratch paper and you have an instant "ruler."

Nothing needed for the test. Earplugs would have been nice I suppose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I had 1 question for the calculator . How much force 45# ac at 45% angle. no big deal, just use scrap paper.

Passed today with an 88%, whew!! So glad I waited to learn from this community. It helped tremendously! Ive been flying drones for 2yrs, but had no previous knowledge of NAS, CRM, ADM, sectionals, METARS, etc. Over a ten day period and about 18 total hrs, reviewed the FAA Part 107 study guide, watched the free part 107 YouTube training videos from Pilot Training Systems, took the FAA online practice test, practiced with sectionals and METARS/TAFs and just kept repeating. Many times I would just play the videos while doing other tasks. Felt this help me "know" and "understand" the material and I could figure out the "curve balls" thrown on the test! Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Highrpm955
Just passed today with 92%. Prepared with the remotepilot101.com course and some of the other free resources available.

There were certainly some new questions not explicitly covered in the training materials. The FAA also added 3 questions that were sorta outside the scope of what you are supposed to know (but not so far that you could immediately spot them). They are not supposed to count towards your score, but it was 63 questions instead of 60. I had plenty of time though.

There was a calculator built into the testing software, so no need to buy one. And there was only one question where a calculator was useful.

And yeah, this is a handy tip, the testing supplement they give you has a very thorough legend, which can be handy if you want to double check some of the symbols.

Glad I passed it and curious to see how much it will be changed in 2 years when we have to do it all over again. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont