Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Part 107 recertify

Reaction score
Website
www.intheairphotography.com
So my Part 107 is up in October - two years - and I was wondering what the recert process was. Didn't find anything online so I called our local FSDO. Turns out even the FAA hasn't finalized what the recert process will be - but it will undoubtedly be some kind of test - perhaps shorter than the original. So I guess we need to stay tuned for news on this.

We are all looking forward to seeing what the FAA will announce. Some of us who were originally certificated using the FAA Part 61 requirements and have had recent Biennials and are hoping for the same short online test. Time will tell.

So my Part 107 is up in October - two years - and I was wondering what the recert process was. Didn't find anything online so I called our local FSDO. Turns out even the FAA hasn't finalized what the recert process will be - but it will undoubtedly be some kind of test - perhaps shorter than the original. So I guess we need to stay tuned for news on this.
The first batch of us is due in August. If the last 3 years are any indication; they'll issue something at the last minute.

Here's a seldom seen behind the curtain look at the FAA waiver approval process:
sloth.gif

Reactions: Kestrel
"Here's a seldom seen behind the curtain look at the FAA waiver approval process:"

Looks to me like you have sped up the video of the approval process....

Reactions: Kestrel

IAW AC 107-2:

6.6.2 Recurrent Test. After a person receives a remote pilot certificate with an sUAS rating, that person must retain and periodically update the required aeronautical knowledge to continue to operate a small UA in the NAS. To continue exercising the privileges of a remote pilot certificate, the certificate holder must pass a recurrent aeronautical knowledge test within 24 calendar-months of passing either an initial or recurrent aeronautical knowledge test. A part 61 pilot certificate holder who has completed a flight review within the previous 24 calendar-months may complete a recurrent online training course instead of taking the knowledge test

The first batch of us is due in August. If the last 3 years are any indication; they'll issue something at the last minute.

Here's a seldom seen behind the curtain look at the FAA waiver approval process:
View attachment 19994
Love the DMV analogy with the sloths!! My experience exactly. I have tried twice for night waivers and both were so late, I missed the job....
My 107 is coming up too, so please keep posting updates..... thanks for the video
Larr2000

I used Remote Pilot 101 to pass the initial test.
Their support just told me we do have to retest for
renewal. However, the test will be 40 questions instead
of 60. Time will be an hour and a half. There will be additional
questions. Renewals start in August. RP 101 will be updating their lessons.
Hope this helps.

Received this in my email today.

2-_005PKF2_SkqS4lRXiEWXonktPlBwXXFikjb44XOhDjff3i1mTGQWI3FHImN2HLD77wDFKR-R9KvIhHrrWFncVW58bRum-s9zZx2J3Ul7R-jAnQnt6LqPF11kHgKN1zFUjHIJJMuSu1MFNAjTuk70nvdKRISuVsd3a-NvplGcIOe43vEXeg6xXv0ofJYcF0PfSVA=s0-d-e1-ft

The first Remote Pilot certificates were issued in August 2016 and are nearing the end of their 24 calendar month currency. Remote drone pilots must complete a recurrent training course or pass a recurrent knowledge test within 24 calendar months to continue to exercise the privileges of their Remote Pilot certificates.

If you are a drone and manned pilot (Part 61 qualified and hold a current flight review) you can either:

• Take the recurrent Part 107 Knowledge Test at a Knowledge Test Center testing facility, or
  • Take the online training course, “Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (small UAS) Recurrent,” on the FAA Safety team website.
If you are a drone pilot and do not hold a Part 61 (manned pilot) qualification, you must take the initial or recurrent Part 107 Knowledge Test at a Knowledge Test Center testing facility

• View the list of Knowledge Testing Centers (PDF) to find one near you.
  • Contact the Knowledge Test Service Providers:
    - CATS: Call 800-947-4228
    - PSI: Call 800-211-2754

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy