Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pembrokeshire

Reaction score
I'm headed to Pembrokeshire on Sunday and wanted to grab some footage of the Welsh 'Green Bridge'. A rock formation on the coast.

I know a lot of the coastline is National Park, but is this National Trust property? I understand that the National Trust are difficult to get permissions off of, and seeing as I'm currently renewing, I can't supply them with a still-in-date PFAW or BNUC for the next few weeks.

So yeah, national parks...are they run by the National Trust?

Not sure, but just do it anyway. As long as you fly safely I don't think you'll run into much trouble.

I'm headed to Pembrokeshire on Sunday and wanted to grab some footage of the Welsh 'Green Bridge'. A rock formation on the coast.

I know a lot of the coastline is National Park, but is this National Trust property? I understand that the National Trust are difficult to get permissions off of, and seeing as I'm currently renewing, I can't supply them with a still-in-date PFAW or BNUC for the next few weeks.

So yeah, national parks...are they run by the National Trust?
Have you checked your UK sectional air charts? I can't be sure as I can't check at the moment but I most definitely wouldn't just "do it anyway".
Green bridge is controlled by the Castle Martin Tank range and therefore part of MOD area.
I would check and double check it isn't an EGD and access is always dependent on activity on the range!
You can call ahead on 01646 662367 for recorded information on range activity and road closures etc.
Hope that helps.

Edit: Just checked - yes its EGD113b (did you not check this as part of your site survey/risk assessment and flight planning? :))

Last edited:
Have you checked your UK sectional air charts? I can't be sure as I can't check at the moment but I most definitely wouldn't just "do it anyway".
Green bridge is controlled by the Castle Martin Tank range and therefore part of MOD area.
I would check and double check it isn't an EGD and access is always dependent on activity on the range!
You can call ahead on 01646 662367 for recorded information on range activity and road closures etc.
Hope that helps.

Edit: Just checked - yes its EGD113b (did you not check this as part of your site survey/risk assessment and flight planning? :))
Yep. Had checked this after I'd posted the question on here about the National Trust. I was in work and didn't have my iPad in me to check Skydemon at the time.
Active on weekdays apparently. Thanks for the number though. I'll be calling through.

Don't worry. I'm certainly not a "just do it anyway" kind of guy. Never have been, but definitely am not after having an octo fly-away on a job in 2014, maxing at 4500ft, doing near 90 horizontal speed and travelling 5 miles before hitting the dirt on a golf course. And that was after doing everything correctly. Black box data seriously helped out with the incident report on that one!! I hope non of you guys ever have to go through that kind of worry!

Bloody immigrants coming around here steeling our airspace [emoji6]

The problem you have is this is all MOD land and whilst it has pubic access your taking off from private property and not exactly sure how the MOD will handle this.

Last edited:
Yep. Had checked this after I'd posted the question on here about the National Trust. I was in work and didn't have my iPad in me to check Skydemon at the time.
Active on weekdays apparently. Thanks for the number though. I'll be calling through.

Don't worry. I'm certainly not a "just do it anyway" kind of guy. Never have been, but definitely am not after having an octo fly-away on a job in 2014, maxing at 4500ft, doing near 90 horizontal speed and travelling 5 miles before hitting the dirt on a golf course. And that was after doing everything correctly. Black box data seriously helped out with the incident report on that one!! I hope non of you guys ever have to go through that kind of worry!
No worries.......
I think I would need a nappy if that happened to me! I bet you were shaking afterwards! :eek:

Bloody immigrants coming around here steeling our airspace [emoji6]

The problem you have is this is all MOD land and whilst it has pubic access your taking off from private property and not exactly sure how the MOD will handle this.

Haha!

I'll be phoning through today and asking very, very nicely. If it's a no, it's a no. I'm not too worried. There are plenty of other beautiful places to fly.

And, yes editor. I was. Instantly called up the local ATC and gave them altitude, speed and heading. They were very thankful. Called up the local fire station just so they knew, as there was a lot of battery on board. Called up the police... woman on the phone was straight out laughing about it. I was furious. It got dealt with though.

How long you down for fella ?

Just remember what that place does, they shoot drones out the sky with tanks [emoji33].

How long you down for fella ?

Just remember what that place does, they shoot drones out the sky with tanks [emoji33].

I'm only down for a few hours on Sunday. Only time I have off from my day job for a while so was just going to take a trip along the Welsh coasts with my partner. Was going to pack the inspire and see what was about, just in case....

Just spoke with Castle Martin Control Tower. There is no live firing on the range tomorrow, but PFAW or no PFAW, they do not allow drones on the range. Policy apparently. So no flying at the Green Bridge for me tomorrow. Ah, well.
They were very appreciative and polite on the phone though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD