Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Perfect for JOINING MOVERIO FPV + INSPIRE

Good move Maurice, the Moverios are capable of doing a fantastic job, but are let down by being out of date the moment they hit the market,
at least you get a few up dates and bug fixes when you buy a new tablet or smart phone until it becomes out of date, the Moverios start out that way!!!
and Epson do not appear to care. If you had paid say £100 for them you would expect a few disappointments, but £600 you would of expected better.

Reactions: Maurice
Hi Doug, you are absolutely right! Epson are looking for jobs for these glasses and this is the perfect job for them,
but the tech has let them down.
They are not ready for retail yet so should not be selling them to the public, the app store is rubbish.
But I still think if all the people who have invested in them get on to Epson may be, just may be they will do something about it
Dave

Dave and other Moverio Owners using IOS -
This post's discussion got me to take my Moverios out of storage and try to get them working again. My experience attempting to get mirroring working had been unsatisfactory; often if I got a connection it had a large amount of lag and the connection was unreliable. I use the IOS version of the Pilot App so there is no native mirroring between IOS and Android. The Mirracast app the BT200 comes with will not work. I did find a couple of programs that could be loaded onto the BT200 that would work with Airplay (Apple's mirroring protocol) by making the BT200 a receiver, they are -
1 - Mirror360 - this one is available in the Epson App store
2 - Reflector
3 - Airplay Pro

I had originally tested an older version of Reflector (got mediocre results) and was about to purchase the latest version when I checked the Epson App store and found an authorized version of Mirror360. My testing had been with Mirror360 and to a lesser degree Reflector. Due to their poor results I opted not to risk flying my I1 with them and put the glasses away until Epson could provide some resolution for getting these glasses to work with the Pilot App. Then I recently saw a post where another member used Airplay Pro app and was very satisfied with it. So last night I loaded Airplay Pro and can also say that its performance is magnitudes better than the other two (for my hardware setup). Not to knock the other two apps (because over the months I have seen comments from other members indicating they were satisfied) so my advice (even for the Android camp out there) is ...depending on your hardware setup (i.e. phone / tablet, the version of BT200 - there is a dev and retail model), you may need to try several hardware / app combinations to get the best performance.

Doug

Reactions: Maurice
Hi all, had another reply from Epson, yes!! this is the best they can come up with, just going round in circles now!
I did point out to Epson that spending $1500 + import duty on a huge bit of kit like that was a none starter, and is not what was needed
to put the Moverios right. they probably will not reply to that, if they do I will let you all know!
Dave

Epson e-mail Ref No-200-UK-3838985-30 July 2015

Please do not alter this header as we will be unable to trace the history of your enquiry.

Dear David,

The application that I suggested on my previous email, was only a suggestion based on the search criteria that was used. Epson have a specific 'Epson Moverio' channel available from the following link, one of the videos they have published shows the use of the Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses with a DJI Inspire 1 drone:

https://www.youtube.com/moverio

You may also find other videos from this channel useful in terms of setting up and using the BT-200 glasses.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

Kind regards,
Philip
e-Service Support Technician
EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre

Hi all, had another reply from Epson, yes!! this is the best they can come up with, just going round in circles now!
I did point out to Epson that spending $1500 + import duty on a huge bit of kit like that was a none starter, and is not what was needed
to put the Moverios right. they probably will not reply to that, if they do I will let you all know!
Dave

Epson e-mail Ref No-200-UK-3838985-30 July 2015

Please do not alter this header as we will be unable to trace the history of your enquiry.

Dear David,

The application that I suggested on my previous email, was only a suggestion based on the search criteria that was used. Epson have a specific 'Epson Moverio' channel available from the following link, one of the videos they have published shows the use of the Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses with a DJI Inspire 1 drone:

https://www.youtube.com/moverio

You may also find other videos from this channel useful in terms of setting up and using the BT-200 glasses.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

Kind regards,
Philip

Dave
They started to send me down that rabbit hole as well...I couldn't tell you whether I was more upset with the limitations of the glasses or Epson "playing games" and that's when I made the decision to just put the glasses up. What is also ironic is that in some markets Epson sells a mirroring adapter that will accept HDMI input and according to the poster I spoke about it works flawlessly. It costs <$200 so why would they try to push a $1500 solution here in the US?

Hi KnightOwl, MONEY! I would think, don't get me wrong, I can FPV Ok by Mirroring, but there is lag, and it could be so much easer if the glasses were up to date
the picture quality is very good but it could be better! anyway how much kit do you want to lug around out in the field when there is no need.
it would be nice to know how many people that use this and other forums have got the Moverios and feel they have been taken for a ride by Epson
if you buy a new tablet even a cheap one, at least you get a few up dates and bug fixes before it's obsolete.
Dave

Hi all, got another reply from Epson, they make the right noises but that's all. I'm done with Epson!!!
Dave

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 31 July 2015 17:06To: [email protected]Subject: RE: Epson Support Response <<#1811555-3838985-4771935#>>

Epson e-mail Ref No-200-UK-3838985-31 July 2015

Dear Dave,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the BT-200 Glasses. As mentioned before It is never our intention to disappoint customers in any way and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Epson appreciates this opportunity to comment on the issues you have raised.
As a responsible ‎manufacturer, whilst we strive to produce high quality and economical products, we are aware that there are times when some ‎customers may experience an issue with our products or service. Therefore, we would like to thank you ‎for your feedback and whilst we are disappointed to learn about the problems you have experienced we ‎will ensure your comments are used positively in order to enhance our service in the future.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

Kind regards,
Philip

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop