Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

persistent MC DATA ERROR

Reaction score
After a recent crash and self repair, I have a persistent MC DATA ERROR on my otherwise perfectly operating bird. Is this an unsafe condition to fly with?

Kilrah .. yes, I've selected 'format data log' with no 'error' message resulting from the function. I had not attempted prior to your question, so indeed thank you for that suggestion. This however had no effect on the persistent 'MC DATA ERROR' banner. While I find this annoying, I'm specifically concerned about safety .. for example, is the 'home position' recorded there, thus any RTH event would be doomed.

Try entering flight data recorder mode and connecting to the PC, would be interesting to see if the drive mounts.
I'm suspecting the crash might have dislodged the internal MicroSD card.

first sorry for my english, i'm french. I precise my phantom 3 advanced is new (i received it Friday) and the messages appeared since the beginning.

I don't know if it's the same problem but i had a "MC data error" but neither during flight, just by intermittence after powering the phantom. Even with successfull Updates, gimbal calibration, IMU calibration and compass calibration, format data, format SD card and the message SAFE TO FLY in green, i had an error message with the data. It's a little message when i click on green safe to fly and entering the menu . It's writing in green "Firmware is the latest" with a little warning icon. When i click on i have "data recorder error", contact your .......
My sailor don't know what happen and want to return the phantom but i don't really want because it flight very well even if i have this " residu" of message. So i tried to fix the problem and i just find the solution this morning.
You have 2 sd card in your phantom 3, one is called "sd card" and received photos and videos in the gimball (using for updates). And one is in the phantom and is calling "data records". You can see it if you remove battery, you can see on the top and touch it.
The consequance of my message "data recorder errors" was that the phantom couldn't record data flight and my PC couldn't indentify the phantom by the usb port.

my solution
:
I removed the battery, just press a littlle on the data sd card with my finger. I felt a little "click" and the message disapeared ! No errors message, usb port recognize and acces to the .DAT logs of the flight.
So it was just a problem with the contact of the sd data card i think.

hope this help the community.

guiS .. hello and thank you for you reply. It had occurred to me to locate the onboard sim in order to check it out. I do not know its location on the inspire. I've had the inspire disassembled and did not see it. Does anyone know where it is located on the Inspire?

I want to know where the on board SD is as well. A lot of Phantom pilots seem to have success fiddling with it and either replacing or re-seating it into the SD slot. I'm getting no MC data records and interestingly enough no metadata saved into my photos. Qite possibly related.

Edit: Removed 'BUMP' it is not necessary!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been told, that the onboard sd is housed within the motherboard enclosure. I haven't hacked it open yet to investigate and have been flying with the persistent mc data error.

I can't find anyone who's done it for that matter. Which is totally surprising with how common the error is. I'd be super interested to know if its removable or integrated as to confirm whether replacing it is an option.

I've been flying with the error for months now with no issues. It's just you'd love to be greatd by the nice "Safe to Fly" message as there's nothing truely wrong with the copter.

I have had the inspire disassembled a few times already. The enclosure is quite sturdy and would need to be 'cut' opened. I am going to get around to it soon'ish.

Let us know when you do then! Its such a waste to think you'd have to send it back to DJI to get a non-critical error like this fixed.

I had this message too on my phantom 3. I watch in YouTube that I should hit it by my hand from battery side .. I didn't beleive it at first but it worked .. the messege gone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar