Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Phantom 2 - bit of help needed

Your gains don't seem set up very well, it's quite wobbly.
Could be that the basic gains are pretty bad, but the atti gains kind of hide it - but can't just get it fully back on track.
That with prolonged full stick forward = perfect recipe for the IMU losing its bearings, the backwards tilt when bringing the stick back to center is a typical telltale.

Is that the big empty roundabout behind Skycourt?

Your gains don't seem set up very well, it's quite wobbly.
Could be that the basic gains are pretty bad, but the atti gains kind of hide it - but can't just get it fully back on track.
That with prolonged full stick forward = perfect recipe for the IMU losing its bearings, the backwards tilt when bringing the stick back to center is a typical telltale.

Is that the big empty roundabout behind Skycourt?

It is over the back of skycourt yeh. I live in there, so it makes sense to play out the back.

How does one set up the gains? I cant remember if i did that when it was new or not..... I have it in NAZA mode not phantom mode.
It oscillates slightly on the odd occasion when trying to hold position.

Oh OK, not far :)

Ideally you enable fully manual mode and set the basic gains there so it holds attitude as precisely as possible without oscillating, then you switch to atti mode and adjust the atti gains so it follows stick as best as possible without oscillating.
But if I remember well on the P2 you can't have manual mode anymore, so it's a pain and much trial and error as you don't get a clear picture of what you're trying to adjust.

I have only ever flicked the switch to manual mode on two occasions on another cuad, both occasions resulted in replacing the props about ten seconds after engaging manual mode :(

I have my gains at 120% do you think I should lower them a bit and see what happens?

I flew again yesterday, in GPS I can see the oscilation you saw in the video when in position hold and when under control by the RC it looks smooth as silk. The ATTI is also as smooth as silk when not being given a command.

I have the gains at 120% do you think I should drop them a bit?
I aborted yesterdays FPV testing as it was too windy and I no longer trust the phantom to not bugger off into the wild blue yonder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez