Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Phantom 3 Pro camera vs Inspire 1 V2 camera?

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
The only experience I have with a camera drone is the P3P. How does that compare with the Inspire 1 V2 camera. Thank you for your opinions.
Regards,
Terry

The X3 is about the same as the P3P camera with the exception that it can yaw.
Now if you step up to the Z3 or the X5, now you have something!

The X3 is about the same as the P3P camera with the exception that it can yaw.
Now if you step up to the Z3 or the X5, now you have something!

Thank you for the comparison. The X5 puts it over my budget. How would it compare to the P4P?
Terry

P4P camera beats the brakes off the X3. 20mp vs 12mp. True F stop. Focus. It is a far better camera. In fact, it is essentially the same as the X4S on the new Inspire2 with the exception of being able to Yaw. But the bird can rotate more than 360 degrees......
I have both, Inspire 1 with a Z3 and P4P. If I could keep only one, it would be the P4P. Tough decision though, as the zoom on the Z3 is great and the Inspire can handle wind better.

Reactions: Bigdz
P4P camera beats the brakes off the X3. 20mp vs 12mp. True F stop. Focus. It is a far better camera. In fact, it is essentially the same as the X4S on the new Inspire2 with the exception of being able to Yaw. But the bird can rotate more than 360 degrees......
I have both, Inspire 1 with a Z3 and P4P. If I could keep only one, it would be the P4P. Tough decision though, as the zoom on the Z3 is great and the Inspire can handle wind better.

That is very good to know. I really appreciate it.
Terry

I have both, the Mavic and P4P. but planning to add an Inspire 1 V2 to my fleet for commercial work when I get my part 107 cert.
I do not know that much about the different cameras available. My question is, if I get an Inspire 1 v2 with a Z3 camera, not sure I can afford a Z5, is that a decent camera ?.

Is the Z3 a decent camera ?.
Yes, the Z3 is a great camera. I used to use an X5 and had 4 lenses for it. 12mm, 17mm, 25mm and 45mm. All Olympus.
I found myself landing a lot to change lenses. Now with the Z3, I can just zoom in when I need a close shot.
I even sold the X5 and all of the lenses, since I got the Z3, I wasn't using it al all.
Took the proceeds and got a P4P+ which is now my run-n-gun rig.

@AeroMirage Knocked it out of the park on the comparison between the X3 and the P4P. Couldn't have said it better. Thanks for providing that insight.

@elguapo Z3 is definitely a decent camera but it's going to depend on what type of work you're doing. If your commercial work is inspection work then the Z3 is probably the better option, if you're doing any sort of commercial film work you're going to want the X5. The Z3 is really not ideal for professional film work, X5 is a much better camera for cinematic work. If you find the need for zoom you could look at a 14-42mm lens with the X5 and then you could be covered for cinematic work with the X5 and standard DJI 15mm lens and then inspection type work with the 14-42mm.

Hope that helps, don't hesitate to reach out for any further insight. Knowing your exact type of commercial could help me provide a bit more insight on the best solution for you...also, best of luck on Part 107.

-Mike

Interesting that if you had to you would keep the P4P over the Z3 and make sense. While a different camera, I am going back and forth on if to purchase a I1 Pro or P4P. All things being equal, the I1Pro with the X5, will give me room to expand and better stability in winds aloft conditions as well a pitch and yaw and of course some clients will see the P4P as a toy, right or wrong.

On the other side the P4P has a good camera for stills which I also shoot and I can get a lot more accessories for my money with the P4P

B&H has the I1Pro for $2,900 which is a really good price point.

Interesting that if you had to you would keep the P4P over the Z3 and make sense. While a different camera, I am going back and forth on if to purchase a I1 Pro or P4P. All things being equal, the I1Pro with the X5, will give me room to expand and better stability in winds aloft conditions as well a pitch and yaw and of course some clients will see the P4P as a toy, right or wrong.

On the other side the P4P has a good camera for stills which I also shoot and I can get a lot more accessories for my money with the P4P

B&H has the I1Pro for $2,900 which is a really good price point.
If you are doing this as a hobby stick with the p4p. If you're doing this commercially the inspire brings allot more of the "wow" factor into play to impress clients. Just something to think about.

Actually have two main needs (high quality still photography and video) As I look to use for work, certainly a P4P would be fine for Real estate however, not for video or film project, that is I know where an Inspire 1Pro or even Inspire 2 is the better platform - to your point

I get the P4P and use to build content and then get the I2 later on, crawl then run..

Or/

If I went all the way for the Inspire 2 (piced at $4,900 with accssories and coverage) and start with the X4S lens, I save some dollars and still get a one-inch sensor for still photo needs but also have a platform I could bring to a video project. When I get to a point for higher quality requirements, I then get purchase the X5S and ProRes key

Thanks

@AeroMirage
@elguapo Z3 is definitely a decent camera but it's going to depend on what type of work you're doing. If your commercial work is inspection work then the Z3 is probably the better option, if you're doing any sort of commercial film work you're going to want the X5. The Z3 is really not ideal for professional film work, X5 is a much better camera for cinematic work. If you find the need for zoom you could look at a 14-42mm lens with the X5 and then you could be covered for cinematic work with the X5 and standard DJI 15mm lens and then inspection type work with the 14-42mm.

-Mike

Mike - I have a dumb question. I have an Inspire 1 V2, came stock with X3 camera. If I buy an X5 for the Inspire can I use both cameras on the same drone after I upgrade the firmware to Pro?. So in another words, can I fly with the X3 camera and change to the X5 if the requirement changes?.

Reactions: Advexure
Mike - I have a dumb question. I have an Inspire 1 V2, came stock with X3 camera. If I buy an X5 for the Inspire can I use both cameras on the same drone after I upgrade the firmware to Pro?. So in another words, can I fly with the X3 camera and change to the X5 if the requirement changes?.

Yes, not a problem to switch back and forth from X5 to X3 on the same (updated) firmware. Go grab that used X5 in the classifieds! Rumor has it the X5 is being discontinued very soon...

Reactions: elguapo
I have an Inspire 1 Pro and switch between the X3 - X5 and Z3. Whichever one is mounted works just fine. Nothing more than mounting required. (No changes in the app, or remote. The bird knows which one is on there.)

Reactions: elguapo
I have an Inspire 1 Pro and switch between the X3 - X5 and Z3. Whichever one is mounted works just fine. Nothing more than mounting required. (No changes in the app, or remote. The bird knows which one is on there.)

More reasons to get the X5.

I ordered the X5. When the it arrives, mount it in the Inspire and update the firmware with the Zenmuse X5 from DJI's website?.
My Inspire is still a virgin, only the X3 has ever been mounted. However, I just noticed the firmware installed in the aircraft is 1.10.01.40+ same version available for download from DJI's website. Kind of confused here, I will appreciate any advise.

Thank you guys,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell