Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Phantom Angel - Dedicated Inspire battery storage and deep (cycling) discharger

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Alex Proto, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Alex Proto

Hey guys,

I've been getting a lot of questions about the Angel lately so I thought I'd start a thread to share updates, answer questions and so on.

Today we hit a milestone and I just couldn't resist sharing... All the components are here, end to end testing is done and the very first pair of Angels (v2) are ready! The rest to follow.

Here's a photo of the Phantom Angel and its big brother the Inspire Angel.

For those who've pre-ordered, don't get too excited - the pre-order list is long and assembly takes its time (but I'll be doing my best to get them out as quickly as possible!).

[Update 03/03/2016 - The Angel is now in v3, improved significantly based on people's feedback. It support P2, P3 and Inspire and both storage and full discharge (for cycling / calibration purposes]

#1 Alex Proto, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. TheDJIFanboy

Hey man. I ordered one of your units for my inspire quite a while ago. I never received shipping info or anything...just wondering what's going on w my order.

3. hoodlum1

Well bro I ordered one unit for my inspire and got a email from him that said (parts have to come from overseas 6 weeks and another 2 weeks to put it together.i wrote back and canceled my order and told him to let me know when they are in stock. Good luck

4. TheDJIFanboy

Sigh. That sucks. How did you contact him? I can't seem to find a customer service email address.

5. SanCap

Their website says preorder only, was that there when you ordered? I have been looking at these for months and have only seen preorder.

6. TheDJIFanboy

I don't think it said pre-order only when I ordered. There were reviews on the product and everything.

7. hoodlum1

8. TheDJIFanboy

Thank you so much man. I'm a little worried, I just tried to email him, and it bounced back right away. And now I can't find his website online. I'm pretty sure I have been scammed.

Attached Files:

9. hoodlum1

I emailed him and he gave my paypal Money back to my account did you use PayPal?

10. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

No, his email is aproto.ecom@gmail.com
    Give that a try. If you get no response I will send him a PM.

11. hoodlum1

12. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I beat you to it......look above. :p

13. TheDJIFanboy

Thank you so much guys. Email has been sent.

14. Alex Proto

Hey guys! Sorry for the radio silence - was travelling today. Let me help clear up a few things:
    - Website is Phantom Angel
    - The "official" email for the Angel is alex@phantomangel.rocks (as listed on the website itself) - admitedly it just redirects to the email you've listed so no difference :)
    - Since 13th of Jan the Angel has been marked as "pre-order' and whenever I've had an order I've emailed whoever ordered with details on what this means. The reason for the pre-order is that I make the Angels in batches. Between batches I gather feedback, make improvements, test and then order the boards which are made in Germany and take 8 weeks to be prepared. I'm hopeful that this latest design (v3) will be the final one so I can focus on streamlining the production process and getting them out to people much faster!
    - I expect to start posting new units at the very beginning of April (and will be honouring orders in chronological order)

Hope this helps! Feel free to write to me direct with any questions!

Cheers,
    Alex

15. SanCap

16. Alex Proto

Hey SanCap, you may have seen that the Angels are marked as "made to order". The units are hand assembled and tested and I do this as a hobby (not a business) and I'm not willing to compromise quality for speed. So it does take a while - current time is 6-8 weeks (plus another week or so for delivery). Working hard to reduce this but if you ordered today that's how long it would be.

SanCap likes this.
  17. Plingboot

Don't suppose you have plans for a combined Inspire 1/Phantom 4 unit?

18. Alex Proto

A lot of cool upgrades in the pipeline but I'm afraid a combined unit isn't currently one of them. Saying that I've been upgrading the design based exclusively on feedback so I wouldn't rule it out at some point in the future!

19. Plingboot

Thanks. Looks like I might be in for one of each.

Will the Inspire unit work with any 6 cell lipo - so, say DJI launch a new Inspire with a 6 cell pack and different connector, would it just be a case of getting an adaptor?

If so, is this something you'd plan to offer as future accessories?

Could you let me know where you ship from?