Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pick correct favorite for Mission in new intelligent flight

Reaction score
OK, I'm living up to my crashburn name. Tried out the new waypoint missions today, first trial was over 3 miles from my home, then I went home and tried it again. Made a big mistake, picked the first mission which had only a 50 foot height for 1st waypoint, Inspire ended up in tree. I didnt realize that the new firmware/app would allow flights to a previous mission starting over 3 miles away! Hard lession learned, be sure to pick the correct favorite mission before hitting confirm and uploading the waypoints.

Also, looks like to me that you could use the simulator to preplan missions, then upload the waypoints without actually having to pre-fly the mission. You'd just have to have the current or flight map on the simulator when you're flying the simulator mission, meaning a wifi connection near your mission so you could then simulate your mission without having to actually fly it…
The following is a video of my learning experience

Looks to me like you are one lucky guy!

Assuming you can get the Inspire down safely without further damage it looks like it is very much intact and no doubt will fly like new!

A fall from a hit at that height would wreck it!

Did you locate the battery?

Looks to me like you are one lucky guy!

Assuming you can get the Inspire down safely without further damage it looks like it is very much intact and no doubt will fly like new!

A fall from a hit at that height would wreck it!

Did you locate the battery?
Yes, got the battery but its dented on bottom corner so looks like it's history. Got a tree climber coming in the morning, says he can climb that big pine and get the Inspire down. His tree company just listed "drone rescue" from trees as one of their specialities but I'm their first customer. Only rained a little so if I get it down in the morning without it falling from the tree first, I think I'll be very lucky.
I really like the new POI feature, and the waypoints could be helpful in some situations. Don't really see much use from home or course lock.

Been making waypoints missions many years on a Garmin gps I use when hunting and fishing and never had to worry about hanging myself in a tree :eek: but that was on foot lol.
Let it dry inside and out for at least few days in a nice warm room then look for any moisture,
A fan on low blowing on it will help to rid of moisture too.
Thanks for the lesson learned as a post like yours can help us all be more aware of what can happen.
I think I will be testing these new modes over a large flat chunk of land with nothing to crash
into before I take it to the woods.
I hope your bird survives the cold wet night, please keep us updated

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey crashburn !!
Hope you get your i1 down without any damage! !
turb..
Yes, got the battery but its dented on bottom corner so looks like it's history. Got a tree climber coming in the morning, says he can climb that big pine and get the Inspire down. His tree company just listed "drone rescue" from trees as one of their specialities but I'm their first customer. Only rained a little so if I get it down in the morning without it falling from the tree first, I think I'll be very lucky.
I really like the new POI feature, and the waypoints could be helpful in some situations. Don't really see much use from home or course lock.

Wow, failed to notice the distance in red, then dismissed the warning without further thought, then didn't flip to P when seeing it head to the house roof... Yep, being slightly more attentive could be wise :eek:

Wow, failed to notice the distance in red, then dismissed the warning without further thought, then didn't flip to P when seeing it head to the house roof... Yep, being slightly more attentive could be wise :eek:
Agree, I was distracted by my son coming up and telling me something at the time I selected the wrong mission and stupidly uploaded wrong waypoints. I'm lucky to escape with minor damage. It won't happen again, I hope.

Wow you are so lucky! I'm glad you got her back in one piece.

Has anyone attempted to use the simulator to preplan missions? and then upload the waypoints without actually having to pre-fly the mission?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters