Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot App Crash Report (Latest versions)

Has the most recent version of DJI Pilot crashed/restarted in use?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Guys,

There appears to have been an increasing number of crash/restart reports of the latest version of the DJI Pilot app on both platforms.
Could you please fill in the survey for either Android or iOS and I will report back to DJI.
If there is a sufficient level of problems I will get crash dumps from individuals and send them off to DJI where R&D can take a look at them.

Please note: ONLY REPORT IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE MOST RECENT VERSIONS OF THE APP.
For Android that is v1.2.0 and for iOS it is v1.2.0

Please DO NOT report if you are running ANY OTHER version.

Thank You.

Editor! Define Crash!

As mine did NOT crash but mysteriously reset all my camera settings whilst in FLIGHT[emoji15]! There was a glitch and next thing I know my landscape ratio went from 16:9 to the standard 4:3.. All my settings in camera went to RESET[emoji15]! No fluke, No joke, it happened... I DID NOT TOUCH anything prior other than playing in manual cam mode.. Something to definitely REPORT[emoji6]!!

Voted but wanted to clarify. The iOS app has crashed on me once, but NOT while in flight. I was messing with the maps while hanging out in my living room and that's when it crashed. Hope that helps!

it happened to me today while flying 2nd battery. Android app crash & restart on my Nvidia Shield. Never happen before with older App. I need helpppp

Sent from my S Edge

I had repeatable problems with the latest iOS app randomly causing the iPad Air 2 to reboot. So reverted to the previous version and have no problems at all. Latest version is definitely suspect - my hypothesis is the extra stuff added to support P3 is the cause.

I had repeatable problems with the latest iOS app randomly causing the iPad Air 2 to reboot. So reverted to the previous version and have no problems at all. Latest version is definitely suspect - my hypothesis is the extra stuff added to support P3 is the cause.
Yup.....all the Director crap and streaming rubbish which is pointless and useless.

Reactions: RotoRanger
Done three flights in different locations since I updated my Nexus 7ii to the latest version, the app crashed (in flight) twice at each shoot...this never happened to me on previous software versions.....why now?

The Director App should be a separate download. I know the common shared app theory, but who is seriously going to use it. Don't clog up the Pilot App with this wasteful software.....I hope it is not why my Pilot app has started to crash so many times!

Give us G R O U N D S T A T I O N,
OK that's enough shouty for the minute...where did I put those pills ?

Reactions: RotoRanger
I see comments, but no votes. o_O
I voted and yes this app crashes over and over again.Running Android and also when I start director all I can do is reboot the tablet.
The app crashes and restart itself.Also the image on my tablet shows a lot of lagging,which wasn't there before.So I went back to V.1.0.10.
Please DJI get rid of the director and give us a useable app!!:mad:

Last edited:
I believe is a must have another hdmi output for extra monitor .. For backup... I going to get it next month

Some bad news about the latest Pilot App I'm afraid. After testing with my bigger Samsung tablet (10.1), everything seemed fine. But last night, I flew with the regular Samsung (8.4) tablet I use, and the video got choppier and choppier as the flight went on, finally freezing and hard crashing the app. So, it looks like version 1.2.0 is still buggy. The aircraft status light on the app doesn't work either.

Oh, also, I lost all of my previous flight data when I upgraded the app. Way to go DJI!

That poll should have multiple choices enabled, or people like me using both platforms can only report on one.

Also, you should put the exact versions in the thread title, because the "latest" version soon won't be that one anymore but people will continue posting here.

That poll should have multiple choices enabled, or people like me using both platforms can only report on one.

Also, you should put the exact versions in the thread title, because the "latest" version soon won't be that one anymore but people will continue posting here.

That why I put "ONLY REPORT IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE MOST RECENT VERSIONS OF THE APP.
For Android that is v1.2.0 and for iOS it is v1.2.0

Please DO NOT report if you are running ANY OTHER version."
in my opening post!

Noted on multiple responses.

did crash and freeze during flight, video lag big time, restart of app and freeze of video feed, crash of android.com (or something like that) which resulted in me competley restarting my phone... with battery out and back in without switching off the phone...
I am not closing out the fact of problem that the phone memory getting thin it does get slow and thus maybe causing me this issue... first it was the caching thing... director never worked for me but would have like to test it though...

Guys,

There appears to have been an increasing number of crash/restart reports of the latest version of the DJI Pilot app on both platforms.
Could you please fill in the survey for either Android or iOS and I will report back to DJI.
If there is a sufficient level of problems I will get crash dumps from individuals and send them off to DJI where R&D can take a look at them.

Please note: ONLY REPORT IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE MOST RECENT VERSIONS OF THE APP.
For Android that is v1.2.0 and for iOS it is v1.1.2.

Please DO NOT report if you are running ANY OTHER version.

Thank You.
Dear Editor,

Isn't the most recent version of the DJI app for IOS 1.2.0 and not 1.1.2?

I have 1.2.0 on my iPad Mini.

If you could clarify that would be great.

Thank you - Misha

Dear Editor,

Isn't the most recent version of the DJI app for IOS 1.2.0 and not 1.1.2?

I have 1.2.0 on my iPad Mini.

If you could clarify that would be great.

Thank you - Misha
Hi Misha,

Yes, you are correct - Thanks for pointing that out, OK have now updated the version number in my post.
When I authored this thread v1.1.2 was the most current. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool