Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot App says Disconnected, but TX still works

Reaction score
Hi

I went to turn on my Inspire today to use the Flight Simulator, and I'm getting "Disconnected" in the app on my iPad Air. I hadn't even packed the Inspire from the last time I turned it on, sitting on the coffee table for a week, landing gear down, camera attached.

1. Yes, my cable was plugged in. Tried 2 different lightning cables, same result.
2. iPad shows the "Trust this computer" when plugged in.
3. Tried different combinations of turning on devices, including: Inspire first, RC second, App third.
4. RC has good connection. I can start motors, tilt the camera, etc... App thinks it's not connected.
5. Tried rebooting the iPad.
6. Tried my Nexus 5 with the Pilot app, and both DJI supplied USB cables. Same thing, although the Android app tells me there's no SD card...
7. Tried with and without the SD card in the camera.
8. Both RC and AC are at .17 firmware. Had 2 flights since then, both successful.
9. USB port on the remote feels a little loose, but it's always worked fine, and kind of felt loose since I got the bird. Android also show charging when pliugged in.

My .bin file is still on the SD, with the txt file. DJI's intructions said to leave that in, so the batteries would update.

Any ideas?

I tried a different SD card, and checked for loose wires. However, I know I've checked the TX calibration before with the Inspire off. Now I can't do that. It's as if there's no cable connected. Inspire and remote have been sitting unpacked, on my coffee table for the last week, so they haven't moved. Was working the last time (although I noticed the video was really laggy), but nothing today.

Remove and reinstall your camera
Then turn on your Remote, wait around 10 seconds, fire up your app, go into camera screen then last of all fire up the Inspire.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Remove and reinstall your camera
Then turn on your Remote, wait around 10 seconds, fire up your app, go into camera screen then last of all fire up the Inspire.

Thanks Editor... Followed your instructions, no dice. Same thing.

Thanks Editor... Followed your instructions, no dice. Same thing.
OK....in that case, and you have already updated the firmware successfully on both TX and Inspire to .17 I would try a complete uninstall of the app and then reinstall it again.
In some instances, users have had to do a factory reset on their tablet and then install the app to restore functionality.

EDIT: Scrub that....just noticed you have already tried another tablet!

OK...maybe try the upgrade again to .17 as something may have become corrupted. Delete the text file and see if the upgrade will go through again.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OK....in that case, and you have already updated the firmware successfully on both TX and Inspire to .17 I would try a complete uninstall of the app and then reinstall it again.
In some instances, users have had to do a factory reset on their tablet and then install the app to restore functionality.

OK...maybe try the upgrade again to .17 as something maynhave become corrupted. Deletemthe text file and see if the upgrade will go through again.

Good luck.

Following some advice on the other forum, I deleted the TXT file (for each battery) and booted the inspire with different batteries to make sure they were all up-to-date. Third time, I got a really nasty solid scraping noise (not the rhythmic one it did when updating), which kept going. I shut it down since that did not sound normal. Next 2 boots seemed normal.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:02 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2015.03.27 12:12:34 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.03.27 12:14:47 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

The TX can still snap pictures and videos, saved to the SD card. I just have no app.

I guess I could try another update of the TX...

Yes I had that yesterday while trying my Sony Experia tablet. All the functions and displays worked fine except the camera screen wouldn't work and it said "disconnected" too!

The I tried it with my iPad 2 Air and all was ok.
Could be an android thing. Thank heaven my main controller is the iPad and not the android stuff!

Yes I had that yesterday while trying my Sony Experia tablet. All the functions and displays worked fine except the camera screen wouldn't work and it said "disconnected" too!

The I tried it with my iPad 2 Air and all was ok.
Could be an android thing. Thank heaven my main controller is the iPad and not the android stuff!

I'm using an iPad.

OK...maybe try the upgrade again to .17 as something maynhave become corrupted. Deletemthe text file and see if the upgrade will go through again.

Good luck.

Tried to update the TX again, but nothing happens at all. Just red light on TX (I1 is off). Waited for a couple minutes, but nothing happened. No TXT file or anything on the USB.

:(

Nothing has worked... Thanks for the help, I sent an email to DJI. I hope it's resolvable quickly.

Many many people are having the Disconnected problem with DJI Pilot. We've had it from the first flight to now. Many times. We have used ASUS Nexus 7 - Disconnected, iPAD Mini - Disconnected, iPhone 6, and 6 PLUS - Disconnected, Samsung S700 Tab S etc etc. All with latest software and App. All have shown Disconnected when plugged into the Remote. It's not the cables, It's not the wrong Version, as it's done this with every version of app and firmware. So it's either faulty hardware USB interface or a known bug. Still unsure, but working on it,

At this point we are able to get connection, on all of them, SOMETIMES, but it's ALL in the sequence of events. If you do one thing out of order, you have to start over. So far I thought this was the sequence :

Attach Camera, Power on aircraft, Attach Tablet to Remote, Start App, Turn on Remote.
This does work sometimes. But then not always (Sigh).
One thing I added was this - With above sequence if it fails, power cycle tablet. Then, power cycle remote. After this 20 minute long exercise it sometimes works.

My next troubleshooting is to Pair my camera remote as master and test everything again.

If someone could come up with an answer or full proof sequence - that would really help.

As it is, this has ruined maybe 3-4 flights when time is of the essence. We've given up and packed it in.

I have experienced a similar problem, in my case it seemed to be cured by relaxing the USB cable..... It happens occasionally but a lot les frequently now.
Interesting that it never happened before the firmware.
I have now slightly crimped the usb so it fits tighter and that seems to have worked for now!
i supsect as others do on here that it is the use of cheap and possibly faulty USB connection on the remote control.

Just a quick update: Got my email from DJI that it's now been repaired. Bad video board on the transmitter. Got my shipping notice 10 minutes later. That was 2 weeks + 2 days after they notified me it had been received.

*happy dance* :)

Call it the way it is. This 'newest' update caused more issues then it fixed...again...brillant work there DJI...
I have experienced a similar problem, in my case it seemed to be cured by relaxing the USB cable..... It happens occasionally but a lot les frequently now.
Interesting that it never happened before the firmware.
I have now slightly crimped the usb so it fits tighter and that seems to have worked for now!
i supsect as others do on here that it is the use of cheap and possibly faulty USB connection on the remote control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips