Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot App showing Disconnected and no video

Reaction score
Hi all,

A strange thing happened today. I have had no issues with any of my Inspire equipment ever in about 70 flights, then after lunch went out to get some flying in. Two batteries and everything was humming! Thought I would go one last battery, inserted the battery, turned on the Inspire, the RC green light came up but the Pilot App was showing as "Disconnected" and no video feed from the camera. Restart a few times and no change. Try both used batteries back in the Inspire, still disconnected and no video!! The weird thing is that I can still tilt the camera using the RC jog dial and even start and stop the props (too scared to take off).

Reset everything a couple of times, no change. Try a different lightning cable in my iPad mini, no change. Connect the second RC to the Inspire and a video feed comes up!!

I've read various posts about faulty USB port on the RC but is this symptom indicative of a dodgy port?

Appreciate any advice before I send it back to DJI.

Known issue with Pilot app v1.2. Try turning off video caching or going back to v1.1.2, assuming it's not a USB problem.

Yes I did disconnect and reconnect the camera. The fact that the second RC works fine is leading me to think it's the USB port, but I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Hi all,

A strange thing happened today. I have had no issues with any of my Inspire equipment ever in about 70 flights, then after lunch went out to get some flying in. Two batteries and everything was humming! Thought I would go one last battery, inserted the battery, turned on the Inspire, the RC green light came up but the Pilot App was showing as "Disconnected" and no video feed from the camera. Restart a few times and no change. Try both used batteries back in the Inspire, still disconnected and no video!! The weird thing is that I can still tilt the camera using the RC jog dial and even start and stop the props (too scared to take off).

Reset everything a couple of times, no change. Try a different lightning cable in my iPad mini, no change. Connect the second RC to the Inspire and a video feed comes up!!

I've read various posts about faulty USB port on the RC but is this symptom indicative of a dodgy port?

Appreciate any advice before I send it back to DJI.

The exact thing has happened to me twice, but only on the aircraft controllers screen. The camera operators screen operates as normal. I'm running 1.2 and an iPad mini on each controller .

I am having same issue while flying it states disconnected off and on but can record a video with no problems. I had the inspire 5 feet from me at hover and it keeps disconnecting and loosing view on ipad. Is this an app issue.

This is a known issue with iOS pilot app v1.2. DJI is working on it I believe. For now, if you have your old v1.1.2 ipa file around (must be yours, not someone else's), you can install it back on your device using iTools.

Also try disabling video caching and shutdown all other apps on your device.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I've now changed my second RC (camera operator) over to be the Master and all is working fine. Made the original master controller the slave but it didn't fix the no video issue, so it looks like the RC controller needs to be replaced.

Just had my first occurrence of a Disconnect. Using Pilot 1.1.2, so not related to newer app. Happened when bird was about 150' out and at about 20' high. Tried restarting the app, but no go. Unplugged USB and replugged back in. Nothing. I did a RTH and it did come back and eventually reconnected, but worries me that I appear to have lost control for a while. That said, I was able to return it and land okay (had control on landing), so not sure what the Disconnect really is telling me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips