Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot Skill Irrelevant? (Disgruntled)

I used Autopilot follow this past weekend and the Inspire was able to go from behind us to in front of us while we were going about 45mph. It still seemed pretty fast to me. When did this reduction in speed happen? What firmware first modified it? I don't remember reading anything about it.

I used Autopilot follow this past weekend and the Inspire was able to go from behind us to in front of us while we were going about 45mph. It still seemed pretty fast to me. When did this reduction in speed happen? What firmware first modified it? I don't remember reading anything about it.
It happened with the first GO -app and I think it's not back with the latest version.

I've never seen any speed reduction with any firmware or app... the daily wind conditions will however obviously cause big variations from one day to the next. Pretty sure that's what people forget about.

I've never seen any speed reduction with any firmware or app... the daily wind conditions will however obviously cause big variations from one day to the next. Pretty sure that's what people forget about.
I have tested this many times on pretty much the same conditions and I'm sure that there is a speed reduction .After Firmware 1.0.3 I couldn't reach my old speed.Even ATTI mode wasn't at old level.Sure if you have a good tailwind you go faster.Have tested this today in GPS and ATTI and it's still there.

Reactions: kirtc
Forget to say,but with Firmware 1.2 GPS speed was 23 mtr/per second with tail wind.Today I tested with a good tailwind (GPS) and didn't go faster than 18 mtr/per second

i dont update my bird but from how i understand it the newest version just release has corrected it back to normal and the previous version is the one with the reduction in speeds. Ive seen more than one person commenting on it. Anyone whos flown more than twice should notice that wind affects speeds so i doubt its just that, but i guess you never know, lol!

I still have not gotten the chance to test it yet. Can anyone confirm the speed is back?

Hey all, I was having a conversation earlier today with a friend about piloting skills. He was going on about how good this pilot he saw at a wedding was, and how he would orbit perfectly around people. I am not too bad myself in piloting and know that orbiting can be tricky.

It was a complete coincidence that a few hours later I find out the new firmware has come out. And I just want to express my worries that, just like airline pilots we might go obsolete some day. It kind of sucks that everything is becoming automated doesn't it?

I mean it kind of puts me down that a complete noob can push a button and come out with better results than an experienced pilot.

Also, if any of the devs are reading this. Why the hell did you slow down the Inspire???? Its one of the main reasons I bought it over other quads. FIX IT PLEASE. Thanks for a wonderful drone otherwise :)

I can't completely agree with that. There is never a good substitution for skill. I try to fly in atti as much as I can to improve those skills. What if they lose GPS? What if the conditions don't allow them to use GPS? I always admired a skilled person at work, whether they are a pilot, mason, roofer, or any type of skilled worker. Be confidant in your abilities and they will show in your work. I can take awesome videos but they'll never be equal to a skilled videographer or photographer. Don't sell yourself short.

Reactions: Ferdi
I can't completely agree with that. There is never a good substitution for skill. I try to fly in atti as much as I can to improve those skills. What if they lose GPS? What if the conditions don't allow them to use GPS? I always admired a skilled person at work, whether they are a pilot, mason, roofer, or any type of skilled worker. Be confidant in your abilities and they will show in your work. I can take awesome videos but they'll never be equal to a skilled videographer or photographer. Don't sell yourself short.
Good point, thanks. That helped me a bit.

I tried out the POI feature and was pretty unimpressed. It couldn't seem to hold true center as it orbited. Height at 15 meters was the best but still not perfect. Piloting skills will never go out of style. Ask the pilot who emergency landed on the Hudson. A skilled pilot can do anything a computer program can do...only better. Check out my findings at

Reactions: kirtc and Ferdi
Hey all, I was having a conversation earlier today with a friend about piloting skills. He was going on about how good this pilot he saw at a wedding was, and how he would orbit perfectly around people. I am not too bad myself in piloting and know that orbiting can be tricky.

It was a complete coincidence that a few hours later I find out the new firmware has come out. And I just want to express my worries that, just like airline pilots we might go obsolete some day. It kind of sucks that everything is becoming automated doesn't it?

I mean it kind of puts me down that a complete noob can push a button and come out with better results than an experienced pilot.

Also, if any of the devs are reading this. Why the hell did you slow down the Inspire???? Its one of the main reasons I bought it over other quads. FIX IT PLEASE. Thanks for a wonderful drone otherwise :)
I absolutely disagree with your opinion, the problem that I see time and time again in this industry is that people don't take the time to learn how to be a pilot before they start flying. What is your course of action when that technology fail. It is imperative that you learn how to fly without the use of assisted technology instead of putting your faith in said technology.
A couple years ago an airline pilot managed to successfully land and aircraft on the hudson river with no instrumentation or technology and ultimately saved the lives of a bunch of people, just imagine for one second what the outcome would be if that pilot was not a pilot.
There is no substitute for a good pilot and because of that novel concept we will never be absolete but the technology will fail without warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanderx and Ferdi
I tried out the POI feature and was pretty unimpressed. It couldn't seem to hold true center as it orbited. Height at 15 meters was the best but still not perfect. Piloting skills will never go out of style. Ask the pilot who emergency landed on the Hudson. A skilled pilot can do anything a computer program can do...only better. Check out my findings at
Amen brother amen!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk