Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pinging sound on 2 motors

Reaction score
need your advice. On my last usage of the inspire, I heard a strange 'ping' noise when manually rotating 2 of the motors. In addition, I felt some resistance when trying to turn the motors with my hands (to the point where 1 motor simply blocked). The 2 other motors were fine but these 2 felt and sounded abnormal.

I then tested the motors with power and props and everything worked fine, but I remain worried about the noise I heard.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks

Patrice

I wouldn't fly again until you find out what the issue is with those two motors. Any resistance when turning by hand is no fly situation. If that motor ceases in flight you'll loose the craft. Not worth it.

Yes, I had this problem, it was due to particles of debris finding their way into the motors.
Solution was to remove the top of the motor and extract them, the particles were VERY small pieces of metal that were being trapped by the magnets.

Yes, I had this problem, it was due to particles of debris finding their way into the motors.
Solution was to remove the top of the motor and extract them, the particles were VERY small pieces of metal that were being trapped by the magnets.
OK thanks, very useful information. Is that a simple repair or would it be better to send to Dji for fixing?

As above comments, likely to be debris but also possible you have bad bearings (although strange to have two go bad at once)
If you have flown in very dusty/sandy environments recently, that's likely to be cause. A strip down and clean should tell you. While you are at it, I would do all four motors.
Additionally, try and source some new e-clips for securing the bottom of the motors since they are only really one use items- yes you can use them more than once but you are stressing the clip every time you remove it and replace it and they can fracture with continued stress.

Are the bearings easy to remove? Does this negate the manufacturer's warranty by doing this??? What is the bearing size on the I1.

Are the bearings easy to remove? Does this negate the manufacturer's warranty by doing this??? What is the bearing size on the I1.
If you read Aviators post directly above yours it tells you!
5x11x5 standard 685zz

I have read in another post that sometimes the top motor screws loosening up can cause a quick ping sound as well. The user mention that thread lock was not used on his unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop