Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Planning a trip to near Miami and looking for recommendations/regs

Reaction score
I am planning a week long trip in the Miami area in the next 3 weeks. We will spend 2 nights in the Keys and 4 nights in Homestead. I am debating taking my inspire. My question is where can if find information on where I can and can't fly in the area and can I get any recommendations for places to go fly?

Thanks in advance! If you want to share, I would love to see pictures or videos of your recommendations.

Reactions: SanCap
Thank you! These are some neat tools. I have been using UAV Forecast UAV Forecast. It has some of the mapping capability, but not nearly the functionality of either of these it has Airports on the maps, but lacks National Parks and other restricted space. The one thing I do like though is that it gives the weather/conditions forecast hourly and for up to a week in advance if you subscribe 24 hour forecasts if you dont subscribe. Thank you again for the tools they look really helpful!

I was in the area for Christmas and most of January. The areas that are not in NFZs are not necessarily ok to fly either -- virtually no public park in Dade or Broward allows UAV's, from Miami all the way up to Boca Raton. There are a couple of AMSA clubs west of Ft. Lauderdale, but they require membership. Toughest area to fly that I've ever encountered. Much easier on Florida's west coast I found.

Don't need a park , many areas you can pull off the side of the road in the keys and fly out over the ocean and get great shots and video , just use common sense that's all...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123