Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Playback issues in QuickTime

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with playing back 1080 30p .mp4 files recorded on their OSMO in QuickTime? The video pauses for a brief second then picks up a bit later as if it is dropping frames. Playback is smoother with VLC but I haven't experienced these problems with playback from my Phantom 3 Pro with the same recording settings. I'm using a 90 MB/s 64 GB micro SD card. I brought the footage to work and used a professional editing PC with specs more than capable of handling this type of footage and experienced the same issue. I would think it's a QuickTime issue, but haven't found any complaints on here about that and find it odd the I don't experience the same issues with my P3P. Just want to make sure it's not my OSMO. Thanks in advance for your time.

Mac or PC?
Quicktime on PC is absolute garbage.
Good to know. I'm having problems on both. My MacBook is old so I thought that might be the problem even though it plays my P3P footage fine. The high performance desktop I referred to is a PC which also plays my P3P footage back without issues. This is why I'm unsure if it's an issue with the OSMO.

Good to know. I'm having problems on both. My MacBook is old so I thought that might be the problem even though it plays my P3P footage fine. The high performance desktop I referred to is a PC which also plays my P3P footage back without issues. This is why I'm unsure if it's an issue with the OSMO.
Just tested the same footage on a new MacBook Pro and playback was smooth. Seems like my Mac is too old and Kilrah is correct about QuickTime being garbage on a PC regardless of the PC's specs. Thanks for getting me thinking about the QuickTime PC thing. I had not thought of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool