Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Please help me understaning where i am wrong

Reaction score
Hallo , i am an italian guy ( so sorry sorry sorry for my Enhlish ) who bought inspire 1 PRO just for fun and now i am in difficult to use it.

I don't understand why but the image is very bad. i don't know if is it only my imagination but i ask you to spend 2 minutes looking my videos and tell me if they're good or not because for me they aren't.

i think that the OSMO is much better in terms of quality and i would like to have your opinion.

INSPIRE 1 PRO ISO 200 APERTURE 8 SHUTTER 50 1080P50

OSMO WITH X3 SO 200 APERTURE 8 SHUTTER 50 1080P50

Please tell me what i have to do because for me the osmo has better quality

thanks a lot

Andrea

The X5 looks much better to me, apart from being shot with awful light that of course doesn't make it shine.

Maybe you can mention what aspects of the image you find better/worse...

for me is not focused like the osmo but i told you i am not an expert and i only would like to listen to other opinion who use x5 more than twice a month . thanks a lot for your reply

for me is not focused like the osmo but i told you i am not an expert and i only would like to listen to other opinion who use x5 more than twice a month . thanks a lot for your reply

Have you calibrated the camera?

It would help us help you if you outline all procedures you are performing so that we have a better idea what is going wrong.

I calibrate the camera but i dont rhink i did it well. Can you tell me how can calibrate it well? And what are your settings while using x5?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

To me it looked like the focus was set for close-in subjects (when you landed, the grass was fairly sharp). Did you tap on distant objects to change the focus while you were in flight? (it is an easy thing to forget, having forgotten it completely on my first flight :))

A common recommendation for video is to use Manual Focus, set to focus on Infinity, and set the aperture to f/5.6 or f/8. This might be worth a try on a few flights to see if it improves the image quality for you. If it doesn't improve the image, you may need to calibrate the lens better - find a distant subject (50m +), with good contrast, that is reasonably large (so that it fills the rectangle on the screen when you tap on it).

Good luck.

I will do it today and then i will post a video . Thank you!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

A common recommendation for video is to use Manual Focus, set to focus on Infinity, and set the aperture to f/5.6 or f/8. This might be worth a try on a few flights to see if it improves the image quality for you. If it doesn't improve the image, you may need to calibrate the lens better - find a distant subject (50m +), with good contrast, that is reasonably large (so that it fills the rectangle on the screen when you tap on it).

The post that talks about calibration is a very good one:

Detailed guide on X5 "lens calibration"

But it gets taken as authoritative on everything it says, and it's wrong about one somewhat important thing.

The subject does NOT have to be 50m away. In fact, it should ideally be 9m away (and no closer) for the DJI 15mm lens. If you consult a depth of field calculator online or wherever, and put in the sensor and lens combo, you'll see that at f/1.7 the "hyperfocal" distance is 8.9m or so. That means that if you focus on something 8.9m away, everything "behind" it will also be in focus out to infinity.

If you do use something 50m away it will work, but you risk making things closer than 50m out of focus when they don't have to be.

Granted, I've never deliberately taken a drone pic of things that close (I go for landscapes), but you could conceivably take a drone selfie that's well within 50m.

The hyperfocal distance changes with different lenses, so be mindful of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko