Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Polar pro x5 filters or alternatives.

Reaction score
Website
www.ldistudios.com
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy the polar pro x5 6 pack. Does anyone have any experience with a good retailer in the uk for these? Seems they are sold out mostly.
Or indeed, does anyone have some alternatives? I do need good quality without a cast.

Any help appreciated.

all the best
chris

Hi all,
I'm looking to buy the polar pro x5 6 pack. Does anyone have any experience with a good retailer in the uk for these? Seems they are sold out mostly.
Or indeed, does anyone have some alternatives? I do need good quality without a cast.

Any help appreciated.

all the best
chris
As per usual, the good old UK remains Rip Off Britain so the price we pay over here is pretty much pitched in Pounds what the US guys pay in dollars soooooooo........

Why not just buy a set from B&H (priced at $199). As you are a non US resident you will not pay NY sales tax. If you then click the option to pay VAT, import and shipping all up front the cost comes in at $310 inclusive of everything - guaranteed.
At roe 1.55 thats $310=£200 and you will have them in 3-5 days (B&H are good at shipping).

Just a thought....... :)

Polar Pro DJI Zenmuse X5/X5R Filter 6-Pack P6002 B&H Photo Video

I purchased mine direct from PolarPro last month when they had a "SharkPro" promotion on. $199 less $30 promotion plus $14.99 shipping. $184.98 delivered.
I've only used the ND8 Polarised filter so far but very happy with the results. Fast shipping from PolarPro too.

Thanks for the info. They do seem to be difficult to get in the uk. And i agree with the ED
As per usual, the good old UK remains Rip Off Britain so the price we pay over here is pretty much pitched in Pounds what the US guys pay in dollars soooooooo........

Why not just buy a set from B&H (priced at $199). As you are a non US resident you will not pay NY sales tax. If you then click the option to pay VAT, import and shipping all up front the cost comes in at $310 inclusive of everything - guaranteed.
At roe 1.55 thats $310=£200 and you will have them in 3-5 days (B&H are good at shipping).

Just a thought....... :)

Polar Pro DJI Zenmuse X5/X5R Filter 6-Pack P6002 B&H Photo Video
Thanks for this. I agree with the awful tax. I may go this route if all other options are exhausted.

I purchased mine direct from PolarPro last month when they had a "SharkPro" promotion on. $199 less $30 promotion plus $14.99 shipping. $184.98 delivered.
I've only used the ND8 Polarised filter so far but very happy with the results. Fast shipping from PolarPro too.
Did you pay the import duty? How much did it cost in GBP?

No import duty - $184.98 and I paid using my Halifax card for the best USD exchange rate. I haven't got access to my online account so can't say exactly how much it was I ended up paying in GBP but it was about £130.

Did you pay the import duty? How much did it cost in GBP?
It's a crap shoot whether you get stung for import duty/VAT and is totally out of your control. You maybe lucky, you might not. If you get charged duty/tax there will also be an additional levy by the carrier who will pay these fees up front but will not release the goods to you until paid to them PLUS their admin fee.
It also depends what the retailer declares on the customs declaration upon sending.
By paying up front you avoid all this and the item is also not delayed in customs since it is pre-paid.

Just placed my order for PolarPro's 6 pack ND filters for my new Inspire Pro. Forgive the ignorance, but do you have to take off the standard balancing ring to allow for the extra weight of the ND filter. And can you still use the lens hood when they are attached.

HI man, do you use any balance rings at all?

Thanks guys for your replies. Can the lens hood still be carried with filters attached?

Yes you can still use the lens hood with a filter on the lens. The PolarPro filters were specifically designed for the X5 and this made them the ideal purchase for me.
I also use PolarPro filters on my GoPro for Scuba diving so I'm a bit of a fan. I've also got some of the Snake River (SRP) filters, mentioned in an earlier post, for Scuba which also work well.

Received them today. I haven't opened them yet as one of the filters had slipped it's position in the packaging and was sitting on top of another one. I need to check for damage. This is due to the awful cheap packaging. I'm sure the filters work great but really.....You would have expected something more robust. Still! fingers crossed.

Just to let you know, the SharkPro discount code still works... Bought the 6 filter pack with case for $170 Got a friend flying to there USA this week from my home in Norway, so had delivered to his mum... ;)

update! One of the filters -(that had slipped) was very slightly marked. Contacted Polar pro and they sent a replacement filter out straight away. All in all a good experience ordering direct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin