Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Politically Incorrect Advertisement for a Drone (High Spy Drone)

Reaction score
After spending time reading posts here about exercising good judgment to help shed the stigma associated with people's perceptions associated with this industry, as well as promote good practices and educate onlookers of the benefits of UAV's, I was very disappointed to see this commercial on AMCTV just now. It was an advertisement for the High Spy Drone (crappy name to start simply due to the connotation)
You can view the commercial on their page here...
www.highspydrone.com

Yes, it is a small (toy) drone. But this is the introduction of kids into this hobby/industry and I find it irresponsible that a manufacturer promotes these bad practices. Read on...

At 0:18 min you see this kid flying this drone over the hedges into the neighbor's yard to view a girl sunbathing on a raft in the pool. Seriously? This is the image that a manufacturer wants to promote? And everyone wonders why people are up in arms about spying and peeping? Ugh.

And then, at 0:34 min they show it coming extraordinarily close to a raptor's nest. Again, seriously? Having been a pro-photographer for years, and having captured bald eagles in flight and ospreys nesting , FROM AFAR WITH A 600mm LENS!, it is well known protocol in the birding community to not disturb raptor (eagles,falcons, ospreys, etc.) nests.

And then, if that is not enough, at 1:02 min they actually say, you can spy on your neighbors.

I am in this as a commercial venture and I am waiting for my Section 333 exemption to be reviewed by the FAA. And I have to say, this kind of $hit is what will ruin it for all of us.

So, the question of the day is....
Am I overreacting? Should a manufacturer be more responsible?

Reactions: Eduardo
Fair point..

DJI are clearly concentrating on creativity with skypixel and the imaging / video thanks to their gimbals and cameras

Others have to rely on the notoriety of the UAV / drone.

Holy crap what an incredibble stupid ad.This should be banned,but this will never happening.Sad at all.

What? Did someone say horrible and unethical implications in advertising?

Nothing like demonstrating how accurate a weapon is for wildly discharging large caliber ammo into the air.
and a balloon couldn't have worked?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah