Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Poor Signal / Interference

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to the Inspire 1 and to the forums and had a quick question: When I start up my system I get a message on the status screen that bounces between a "poor signal / interference" and "good signal" - this is when I am standing within a couple feet of the I1 and haven't taken off. Is there a way to sort out what that could be?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I just found another anomaly: during a Waypoint test flight in the front yard the video would cut out each time I hit record (after a couple of seconds), then the DJI logo would appear and the video feed would come back. The I1 would continue on its path and all the readouts were still visible - just the video would go blank and recording would stop. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Jeremy. .
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ...
seems like this might be the same thing that's caused issues for some pilots. ..
Check both ends of the ribon cables for good connections.
Take off the gimbal plate and nose cone and remove and reinstall the pins on both ends of the cable..
also check the connection between the gimbal and ac for a good connection. ..
turbo. ...
I just found another anomaly: during a Waypoint test flight in the front yard the video would cut out each time I hit record (after a couple of seconds), then the DJI logo would appear and the video feed would come back. The I1 would continue on its path and all the readouts were still visible - just the video would go blank and recording would stop. Any help would be appreciated.

Also check the 4 antenna connections in the nose ..
use a screwdriver to make sure they're pushed in all the way..
I did a search and looked for a picture showing this but couldn't find it ..
Let me know what you figure out..
more than likely it's something simple. .
turb..
Thank you, Turbo. I'll try to search for that thread / YouTube for instructions and give that a try.

OK...so I took the nose and gimbal mount off, disconnected and reconnected the two ribbons that run to the gimbal at both ends. I also disconnected and reconnected the four cables (I guess those are the antenna connections based on what Turbo said).

Now for my question: is there some sort of trick to get the rubber shocks back through the gimbal mount plate? I do not want to tear or weaken them.

If the DJI logo is appearing on your tablet then it sounds as though the app is closing and restarting rather than just losing video feed which would still give you telemetry data around the screen but black where a video feed should be.
What platform are you using (Android or Apple) and what version of the app are you running?

Sorry for the delay in replying everyone. I had an all-day shoot starting at dawn this morning so this is my first chance to post.

After disconnecting / reconnecting all the cables and reassembling the Insipire 1 I took it with me on the shoot today and I am pleased to report that I did not receive the "rc signal/interference" warning AND the video signal never cut out on me.

@ The Editor: I may have mistated what happened when the screen went black. I do recall there being the DJI text logo in white over the black screen BUT all the readings for the I1 were still there - just no video. I am running iOS version 2.2.0

Update: I was filming yesterday and lost video signal again. I have *not* received the "poor even signal" since the disconnect/reconnect though.

My question is: how often are you having to take you I1 apart to reconnect the ribbon cables? You shouldn't have to do this every 2-4 flights (a couple takeoffs/landings in a couple locations). It seems ridiculous.

Update: I was filming yesterday and lost video signal again. I have *not* received the "poor even signal" since the disconnect/reconnect though.

My question is: how often are you having to take you I1 apart to reconnect the ribbon cables? You shouldn't have to do this every 2-4 flights (a couple takeoffs/landings in a couple locations). It seems ridiculous.
Don't keep taking it apart. ..
sounds like your connection issue is at the gimbal ac connection or you have a faulty camera. .
see if you can loosen the screws a turn on the ac where the gimbal and ac meet..it's a ring..
also with magnification look at the contact patch on the ac and gimbal for any damage. .
it's also possible your camera is the causing this issue..
if there's a way to try another camera you might want to try switching it out. .

Reactions: The Editor
Thank you for the tips. I was waiting hear some feedback here so I did not take it apart again.

I'll check the connections for damage - would it be a good idea to clean those connections with alcohol or something else?

I don't have access to another camera so that is not an option for me unfortunately.

Did you say "loosen" the screws? Am I just checking if they're loose and then retightening? Seems a tad scary to loosen things.

Thank you for the tips. I was waiting hear some feedback here so I did not take it apart again.

I'll check the connections for damage - would it be a good idea to clean those connections with alcohol or something else?

I don't have access to another camera so that is not an option for me unfortunately.

Did you say "loosen" the screws? Am I just checking if they're loose and then retightening? Seems a tad scary to loosen things.
Slacken off the retaining screws on the gimbal faceplate by up to two turns..
this can cause a misalignment ..

I have found using DeOxit Gold helps maintain a good connection on these contacts and cables. The same company makes a cleaner as well.
DeOxit is great stuff - have used it for years.
Some time ago I also sprayed my gimbal connector plate with it and this transfers onto the pins and leaves a very fine layer which is fine by me.
Good tip! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop