Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Poor video transmission & bigger no-fly zones

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have 2 questions to throw out there ever since updating firmware:

1. In South Fl (Fort Lauderdale to be exact) the no-fly zones have been pretty self explanatory. Since I received my I1, I've been using a public park to practice new maneuvers etc. Never had a problem. All of a sudden, the park is in a no-fly zone. Did DJI expand the diameter of the zones?

2. My last 3 flights ever since the update, Ive had very choppy video transmission. It lags, freezes and takes a few seconds to correct itself. These 3 flights were NOT near any power lines or anything that would disrupt transmission. Very strange, I can't be the only one? If maybe I am, can anyone suggest a possible fix? Im on the newest firmware & have updated all of my batteries accordingly. Does my transmitter need its own update via USB drive (I thought they did away with that..?)

Anyways, I appreciate anyones suggestions & advice.
Thanks

In South Fl (Fort Lauderdale to be exact) the no-fly zones have been pretty self explanatory. Since I received my I1, I've been using a public park to practice new maneuvers etc. Never had a problem. All of a sudden, the park is in a no-fly zone. Did DJI expand the diameter of the zones?
Check out the DJI No Fly Zone website for latest details. A significant number of stadiums are now covered in the US.

Yup, I've already sent the camera back for a replacement which Heliguy in the UK did in a week, so hats off to them. This was following extensive tests swapping the X5 with the X3. After about 6 separate tests I concluded that the poor video feed and break up only happened with the X5, hence my assertion that it was a duff X5 unit. I was also told by Heliguy that they had several issues with the X5 units. But hey, guess what, today I took the rig out for a fly only to find exactly the same problem! At times, it was difficult to actually see the picture. As for trying to record any video, that was almost impossible. It really is a nonsense this, made moreso by not getting nay reliable support from DJI themselves.

I have 2 iPhone mini 2. One is cellular and 1 is wifi only. The cellular seems to work better then the WiFi only.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey all,

I have 2 questions to throw out there ever since updating firmware:

1. In South Fl (Fort Lauderdale to be exact) the no-fly zones have been pretty self explanatory. Since I received my I1, I've been using a public park to practice new maneuvers etc. Never had a problem. All of a sudden, the park is in a no-fly zone. Did DJI expand the diameter of the zones?

2. My last 3 flights ever since the update, Ive had very choppy video transmission. It lags, freezes and takes a few seconds to correct itself. These 3 flights were NOT near any power lines or anything that would disrupt transmission. Very strange, I can't be the only one? If maybe I am, can anyone suggest a possible fix? Im on the newest firmware & have updated all of my batteries accordingly. Does my transmitter need its own update via USB drive (I thought they did away with that..?)

Anyways, I appreciate anyones suggestions & advice.
Thanks
We are almost neighbors. I'm here in Davie. Which park are you trying to fly in. I have an Inspire 1 V.2 that I haven't flown yet. The firmware killed my RC. Sent it back to DJI LA and will have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks for it to return. So, I ordered a 2nd remote from Amazon and hopefully will be flying this weekend.

Anyone guide OP and I as to settings to try to help with lag/ghosting? Video is fine if you slowly move camera but at faster rates I get a bit of a lag and alot of lag if on slave remote when I attempt to use to remotes.

Yes lag was there before using the slave remote

My P3 does it too so idk
I am using ipad mini 2's one just wifi and one with cellular.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice