Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Portable helipad

this is one I'm making now thats all thats left is I have to built the LED controller board and install the led lights it's 30"x30"x2" plastic

Attachments

• IMG_1963.JPG
    IMG_1963.JPG
    988.1 KB · Views: 17
Why not launch your bird from your case, the **** thing is big enough, I wouldn't want to lug more crap around or pay the ridiculus price for these helipads. JMO

I think it's fun to make your own landing pad. I made one out of 3/4" MDF board with florescent yellow and black stripes. It's just the right size for the Inspire at 22" x 24".
I don't carry it around usually, and it is currently inconvenient to power the LEDs until I find a better power source for the 12v.

I used two 12" white LED strips on the sides that can be turned off and an infrared illuminator in the middle allows for guided night landings in total darkness.

homemade landing pad

Why not launch your bird from your case, the **** thing is big enough, I wouldn't want to lug more crap around or pay the ridiculus price for these helipads. JMO
the total cost for me to build is about $45.00 its light and 30"x30" you can carry it with 2 fingers. I do have an Avalanche so room is no concern for me. it will run the lights for 10 hours on 3AAA batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido