Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Possible Crash Smoking Gun

If you have insurance for the craft shouldn't really be a big deal. LOL!
Maybe with the insurance money, you can upgrade to the newer Inspire? Again, LOL!

I just wanted to contribute to this thread.

2 days ago, while flying over the beach having launched from a 200' cliff, my Inspire 1 Pro was a good 1000' away when I noticed that error. I turned the craft and flew immediately back to the launch site and landed it without incident. I was pretty nervous, but I had no knowledge of this problem otherwise so I wasn't expectant of an imminent falling from the sky, just scared.

Now I'm nervous about taking it up. I've hovered it for 5 minutes to try to duplicate and no errors came up.

In addition to all the cases of this error causing the craft to fall from the sky, I am mostly interested to know of people that have had this error without any negative effects, either in flight or on the ground. Also, I was hoping for some sort of confirmation that the trend is that in the newest firmware releases that these errors are not causing the motors to actually stop in flight. I'm fine with bugs in the system, so long as they don't cause the craft to crash.

I read 2 reports on this thread of this error appearing and then safely landing and never to have the problem again. This incident makes 3 (as of my hover flight).

It is an almost brand new Inspire 1 Pro Black with each of my 6 batteries having maybe 3 cycles on them, so less than 20 flights. The firmware is the most recent available to date.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan