Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POSSIBLE SCAM alert to seller of Inspire 1 V2

Reaction score
I have a post here where I am seeking to buy a Mint Inspire 1 V2. I was contacted by someone with an email beginning with mnim ( I want to keep the email itself confidential, FOR NOW) Price was $750 with 3 batteries, said it was mint with 6 or 8 flights. No damages. Said he bought it from DJI direct. Couldn't provide copy of invoice and refused serial number. Wanted Walmart money order. I offered to have him deliver it to an office close to wherever he was in exchange for a money order or cash, his preference, and asked him what city he was in refused. That smells of a scam. Be alert. I am thinking that a legit seller would provide proof of ownership and serial number and would certainly take it to some business location near him to receive the pimento form of his choice....Just sayin'

$750 mint condition with 3 batteries, with 6 - 8 flights? Would've been the deal of the year. Good call, and it ain't a POSSIBLE, its a definite scam mate - you still holding out that it may be real?

Reactions: aquamor
Remember Regan's "Trust but verify". I gave him benefit of the doubt. When I started asking questions, eh said something like "Look, if you're not interested and don't trust me, then forget about it...." something like that. That sort of gave it away notwithstanding refusal to provide invoice or serial number.

I have a post here where I am seeking to buy a Mint Inspire 1 V2. I was contacted by someone with an email beginning with mnim ( I want to keep the email itself confidential, FOR NOW) Price was $750 with 3 batteries, said it was mint with 6 or 8 flights. No damages. Said he bought it from DJI direct. Couldn't provide copy of invoice and refused serial number. Wanted Walmart money order. I offered to have him deliver it to an office close to wherever he was in exchange for a money order or cash, his preference, and asked him what city he was in refused. That smells of a scam. Be alert. I am thinking that a legit seller would provide proof of ownership and serial number and would certainly take it to some business location near him to receive the pimento form of his choice....Just sayin'
Yes, we were alerted to this individual and he has been removed.

Thank You

There have been several in the past few days.

All want you to contact them via a gmail account and not via a PM/Conversation.

If you google their provided email address, 99.99% of the time, they have the same ad running on many different forums.
Also, if they have provided pictures, there is a better than average chance that if you right mouse click on their pic, you can "search google for the image"
thats how I outed the one guy today selling the I1 Pro.
His pics were directly from a "Tech Geek" unboxing article from 2015.

Same concern was reported yesterday on RCGroups.com about someone responding to "Wanted" ads with low prices and Walmart money orders. No PayPal. Sounds like the same Scammer..

So this scam is going around the forums. People see listings and then pretend like they are the owner and ask for payment from prospective buyers. This happened to me on RCGroups. I posted an airplane for sale. Interested party posted on the listing in public on the forum. Somebody else messaged him as me and asked for payment via a Walmart card. I had been chatting with the guy via text message so he knew it wasn't me, but was creeped out none the less. Scammers are trying to cause bad names for real people by claiming to be them and misrepresenting. Shame

Remember Regan's "Trust but verify". I gave him benefit of the doubt. When I started asking questions, eh said something like "Look, if you're not interested and don't trust me, then forget about it...." something like that. That sort of gave it away notwithstanding refusal to provide invoice or serial number.
Reagan was the biggest scammer in decades, but the way he talked got many people to fall for his BS.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc