Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Possible to fly Inspire 1 with a flag dangling on the landing gears ?

Reaction score
Has anyone been brave enough to attach long stings and attach a flag at the end? I will like to fly a UAE flag on national day. Bonkers or will it work ?

was looking into fishing line and to add a bit of a weight to the flag and attach it on the landing gears after takeoff with plastic carabiners. Any bright ideas peeps ?

Will there be any people around to watch it? If not, why not give it a shot, it might work. It might crash. I wouldn't, but of course you're free to try in a safe area without bystanders.

But I assume you want it to be watched by (many) people. How can you assure nothing goes wrong? What happens if a bird strikes the lines or the flag? What happens in a emergency situation when you have to issue a RTH? Or with loss of link (autonomous RTH)?
Can you dump the flag instantly? You would need to. But it would require a separate TX/RX control system and a servo.

I saw it done on tv/documentary(if you can even call it that...).
They used an Inspire to carry a storm warning flag in high wind conditions.
Video here:
at 16:15 , 16:35, 16:50 and 18:40.

Reactions: Dothraaki
I was thinking to weigh the flag down with a wooden stick or a reasonable steel rod. If I takeoff then attach the flag it should work and If I fly at around 500ft in line of sight then probably I wont need RTH. Although I need to consider wind speed I guess.

Will there be any people around to watch it? If not, why not give it a shot, it might work. It might crash. I wouldn't, but of course you're free to try in a safe area without bystanders.

But I assume you want it to be watched by (many) people. How can you assure nothing goes wrong? What happens if a bird strikes the lines or the flag? What happens in a emergency situation when you have to issue a RTH? Or with loss of link (autonomous RTH)?
Can you dump the flag instantly? You would need to. But it would require a separate TX/RX control system and a servo.

A successful attempt to fly today with the UAE flag. Was shitting bricks incase there was an updraft or increase in wind speed. The vertical flag did the job as the down draft from the propellers pushed the flag down while hovering.

Attachments

• DJI_0031.JPG
    DJI_0031.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 21
A successful attempt to fly today with the UAE flag. Was shitting bricks incase there was an updraft or increase in wind speed. The vertical flag did the job as the down draft from the propellers pushed the flag down while hovering.
LOL. I would have been pretty nervous doing that. Infact I wouldnt have done it. Glad it went well for you.

LOL. I would have been pretty nervous doing that. Infact I wouldnt have done it. Glad it went well for you.

im glad too it went well. LOL. To be honest I was very nervous and scared. Alot of people to witness a crash. But it went as planned. I will post a short video.
Have a few ideas on how to make the attachment better and safer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop