Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Post your FLight issues and concerns!

If you are having a drift issue have you tried calibrating the remote? I read in one of the stickies that this is recommended to fix a drift or yaw issue in flight.

Hi Alexander, yes have done this each time updating the remote controller FW. and a couple of time after. The sticks look good.. I feel the Inspire 1 that i have here is in need of more tuning and i am sure DJI will help.

Also, i reported to before that once i loose the video down link, the application announces lost video feed aircraft will be returning to home for landing. So i reported this to DJI and i mite need to send back the Inspire 1 craft and controllers for check out. Not sure if i will soon since v16 FW and IOS 9.2 maybe revised soon. So i will wait a bit. I have time..

I was just flying my Phantom 2 Vision + and it's rock solid... this is the benchmark i use on the inspire 1. Maybe i should have purchased two phantom 2's instead.. I will give DJI more time.

Fly safe!

Flew for 13 Min and the wind started up at 7 mph and the Inspire was leaning to one side.. That's OK. But i still feel that the GPS lock is NOT as good as the Phantom 2. I feel DJI still need to make more improvements on Inspire and make it more stable. Maybe there are different runs of Inspires off the production line that need a bit more tweaking then others. But i can tell you that My Inspire 1 is very loose in flight and i don't want to take it to the limits like i have dome on the other Phantoms.

Fly safe!

I had my Inspire1 off the coast south of Victoria, BC with a good inland breeze and it stayed rock steady. No drift or lean at all. It did sap the battery pretty well...maybe got 13-14 minutes of flight on each battery...but it held true. Seems to be some inconsistencies with all the different aircraft...odd...

Mine has been pretty steady in 20˚-35˚F Midwest winter here. In 15mph winds, she fights pretty hard and drifts a little, but it's to be expected.

Flew low today in 35mph winds, -5C temp. No issues so far other than I have no extra batteries, prop locks, running on a bootleg iPad app.
I too feel reluctant, afraid to fly this thing I paid so much for and waited so long to get. When I unboxed it it should have felt like Christmas, he'll, it should Have arrived before Christmas - by the time I got it and soooo many issues reported, app for iPad canceled, promises, lies, continued wait for extras purchased. I'm really disgusted, let down, the magic is gone.
Buying a car and finding out the top of the line stereo system that is installed won't work and you can't take it out of the garage because it won't start and if it does the wheels might fall off. Wtf!? Are you kidding me?

Reactions: ems1016
Just to mention, If Apple was not that protective and bossy on permitting DJI to make an official app, I'll gladly buy an ipad, although, Apple (as allways), thinks the world turns around them, so I've purchased a TAB S. I can just think about how many Apple loses for Samsung and Nvidia on this issue.
Sad but true.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Yep, did that and have the latest Inspire 1 FW x.16 from DJI yes this did resolve the right yaw drift but not the compass drift.

But thanks for the suggestion.

I am in love with this thing! I've had mine for two days and after two flights (only one battery) I am much more confident with this thing than I ever was with my Phantom original. Today, I took it over a gravel quarry, panned the gimbal over some giant rocks, and was just in awe. Flew over 2 miles! I got the footage home and it's like something you'd see in a movie. I'm running the "bootlegged" iPad app and everything.

I'll post the footage when it finished loading.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Whats with all the moaning and whining!???? This is really unbelievable to watch all this dribble.

• Its NEW, theres MASSIVE demand, its an amazing piece of kit. What would you prefer?.. DJI to say.. "oh wait up we found a cpl of wee problems" we are going to delay the release by 6 mnths until they are sorted?" or ship them out with a string of timely fixes to follow..

I mean PROP locks? WTF? Ive flown Multi's for over 4 years now. First one built from scratch, Props fell off so I learned to tighten them properly.
People moan about the "massive investment" ?? You are frigging kidding?!! I Just sold a big hex for NZ$4000, just 2 years after paying NZ$12,000 for it.. YUP big loss, BUT the Inspire is a hell of alot of kit for NZ$5,000 and far better.. so big win for me.

This is the real world of technology, the speed of advancement and competition by manufacturers must be a nightmare so cut them some slack and enjoy your new tools of creativity. (or maybe for some, these are just toys for spoilt big boys)

HI all, new to this forum,

i've been flying our inspire 1 using the IOS 0.9.2 app on my iPhone 6 with no issues what so ever (installed from the original beta link provided by DJI).

I have now purchased a iPad Mini 2 in order to have a larger screen, with the DJI link being dead i installed the app through ifunbox again 0.9.2, however strangely now in flight when in P mode the GPS can drop out allowing it to drift, it does then pick it back up again in time but can be a little hairy if your not expecting it. (if not noticed a pattern to the dropping and picked it back up, all the times it has been relatively close to me as i have only taken it any real height or distance on the iPhone 6 as a result of this.

Switched back to the iPhone 6 and there were no issues again...

Sounds strange to me as the inspire should be doing the GPS leg work itself not through the iPad surely?

Is the A7 chip in the mini 2 not up to the game compared to the A8 in the iPhone 6 ?(it was one of the devices originally listed as compatible)

Was it something to do with ifunbox?

or is it just coincidence it's happened on the iPad and not iPhone?

hmmm

Would be interested in peoples thoughts on this, even if no one knows for sure.

Cheers

iPad Mini 2 in order to have a larger screen, with the DJI link being dead i installed the app through ifunbox again 0.9.2, however strangely now in flight when in P mode the GPS can drop out allowing it to drift, it does then pick it back up again in time but can be a little hairy if your not expecting it.

There's been a few mentions of these GPS problems on here, I have an iPad Air 2 and can't say I've noticed the GPS dropping out. Sorry, hopefully others will offer more help.

Whats with all the moaning and whining!???? This is really unbelievable to watch all this dribble.

• Its NEW, theres MASSIVE demand, its an amazing piece of kit. What would you prefer?.. DJI to say.. "oh wait up we found a cpl of wee problems" we are going to delay the release by 6 mnths until they are sorted?" or ship them out with a string of timely fixes to follow..

I mean PROP locks? WTF? Ive flown Multi's for over 4 years now. First one built from scratch, Props fell off so I learned to tighten them properly.
People moan about the "massive investment" ?? You are frigging kidding?!! I Just sold a big hex for NZ$4000, just 2 years after paying NZ$12,000 for it.. YUP big loss, BUT the Inspire is a hell of alot of kit for NZ$5,000 and far better.. so big win for me.

This is the real world of technology, the speed of advancement and competition by manufacturers must be a nightmare so cut them some slack and enjoy your new tools of creativity. (or maybe for some, these are just toys for spoilt big boys)

Love the website, also have family in NZ, beautiful place. Cheers Mark

There's been a few mentions of these GPS problems on here, I have an iPad Air 2 and can't say I've noticed the GPS dropping out. Sorry, hopefully others will offer more help.

Thanks i wonder if these are also on iPad Mini 2's or other apple A7 or older devices.

I have the same issues with the iPad mini. Gps drop out, loss of image, and the message to say it was safe to fly indoors.All after compass calibration ect. App upgraded from fun box from 9.01 to 9.02.

I have the same issues with the iPad mini. Gps drop out, loss of image, and the message to say it was safe to fly indoors.All after compass calibration ect. App upgraded from fun box from 9.01 to 9.02.

Hi out of interest are you using a iPad Mini or iPad mini 2? i'm using a mini 2 don't have the image issue just gps. maybe i should try 0.91 or are there some known issues with 0.91?

My inspire takes about 3 to 4 minutes to warm up..until then you just have to wait to do anything. .then all of a sudden everything works properly. .I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 5s..

If you are having a drift issue have you tried calibrating the remote? I read in one of the stickies that this is recommended to fix a drift or yaw issue in flight.

I've posted in other threads, but I get toilet bowl effect when taking off and putting legs in flight mode. It does settle down after a few minutes, though. It happens EVERY time I put legs up. However, if I leave legs in landing mode, it flies fine. No toilet bowl effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter