Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Potential Inspire Buyer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Joined this forum today to get some insight on the Inspire platform. I currently own a Phantom 3 Advanced. Absolutely love it. Being a photographer by trade, I'm not impressed by the still images of the P3A. I know the sensor is small ... etc. Now I'm looking into the option of purchasing the Inspire Pro since it has a larger 4:3 sensor, 16 megapixels, better low light and so on. Or get into an S1000 and connect my 5D to it for an even better full frame RAW file. Time will tell.

Hello everyone,

Joined this forum today to get some insight on the Inspire platform. I currently own a Phantom 3 Advanced. Absolutely love it. Being a photographer by trade, I'm not impressed by the still images of the P3A. I know the sensor is small ... etc. Now I'm looking into the option of purchasing the Inspire Pro since it has a larger 4:3 sensor, 16 megapixels, better low light and so on. Or get into an S1000 and connect my 5D to it for an even better full frame RAW file. Time will tell.

I just jumped from a P2 with a GoPro to an Inspire Pro. That is quite a jump in photo quality and technology! If you decide to take the plunge, there are quite a few vendors out there. I just dealt with FlyHighUSA who is an active participant on this board. Can't brag enough about him. He obviously loves this industry and wants you to have a good buying experience...and a good AFTER-buying experience.

Reactions: MDS Aerial
Nice. Do you have any high quality images from Inspire Pro posted anywhere? I basically want to compare some images side by side to it.

Hello everyone,

The Inspire Pro is the one you need if you are wanting true cinematic quality performance. I fly one daily and I would not trade it for any other bird that I know of. I am very happy with the quality of the X5

The Inspire Pro is the one you need if you are wanting true cinematic quality performance. I fly one daily and I would not trade it for any other bird that I know of. I am very happy with the quality of the X5
I believe I'd be using it more for photography now. And some video work on the side. Just wondering if I should look into a S1000 to attach my 5D camera? But that S1000 looks so complicated to run. Any other suggestions?

I have about 3 of each of DJI's birds and I can tell you the Inspire Pro is my favorite hands down. Yes the S1000 is a very impressive bird that will carry several different DSLR cameras. I use a Panasonic GH4 on mine. It does a really nice job but for me I prefer my Inspire Pro Black November any of them. It's easier to put up, quicker and for me the imaging is better and I am a stickler for quality. If you want to give me a call I would love to chat with you about what your plans are and what you're doing. I'll be happy to help you out in anyway.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
I have about 3 of each of DJI's birds and I can tell you the Inspire Pro is my favorite hands down. Yes the S1000 is a very impressive bird that will carry several different DSLR cameras. I use a Panasonic GH4 on mine. It does a really nice job but for me I prefer my Inspire Pro Black November any of them. It's easier to put up, quicker and for me the imaging is better and I am a stickler for quality. If you want to give me a call I would love to chat with you about what your plans are and what you're doing. I'll be happy to help you out in anyway.
I agree with Ralph about the Inspire vs S1000+. I love my S1000 and enjoy flying it and if you think the Inspire draws in bystanders and questions then, you haven't seen anything like the S1000+ in the air. It's nothing short of awesome. All that said, getting mine in the air is a major pain in the *** and it absolutely requires 2 operators. Not to mention that a single battery for the S1000 costs about $450. Setting up your ground station takes and doing preflight takes about an hour with the S1000 and I could get my Inspire set up, in the air, and in many cases, the shot completed before I got ready to do the CSC to launch the S1000+.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

How would you compare the Inspire 1 Pro vs a regular Inspire 1 with the X5? Are the 'Pro/V2' tweaks signficant?

Also, any X5 deals?

How would you compare the Inspire 1 Pro vs a regular Inspire 1 with the X5? Are the 'Pro/V2' tweaks signficant?

Also, any X5 deals?

You can upgrade the "V1" to a V2 (except the more powerful lightbridge/comminucation interface) to carry a X5 but some sources here say that sooner or later the V1 will go out of maintenance with firmware upgrades. If you have a limited budget and use it just as a hobbyist, the V1 isn't a bad machine. The V2 comes with the X3 and is ready to carry a X5. It depends on your profile which version is the best fit for you. The only difference between a V2 and the PRO is the camera and you will find many threads in this Board where you litterally see the differences.

Chris

Hello everyone,

I use a 5D Mk3 for my stills and video work for television and I dont believe the X5 cant take as good a picture as the Mark. 3.

I use a 5D Mk3 for my stills and video work for television and I dont believe the X5 cant take as good a picture as the Mark. 3.
For the obvious reasons you can't compare a MK3 with the X5. At first, you can't bring your MK3 in 60 seconds into the air. You don't have a 70-200 on your X5 and for sure you can't get the same perspective with your MK3 as you may get with your X5. But the most important one: shoot 3 images from the same scene with your iPhone, your MK3 and your X5 and show it to non professionals, they won't see a big difference and can't tell you which cam made which picture. you can spend a lot of money into a Hasselblad but without the "eye" a camera is just a expensive brick.

chris

DJI_0026-1.jpg 1/1600, f/10, iso 200 Was trying to create a little flare with a sunset this evening

DJI_0007-1.jpg 2 sec, f/8, iso 1600 (was trying to get some streetlamp sparkle). I know this is not sharp, but the wind was blowing about 10mph and this is a 2 second exposure. I

I still have a lot of learning to do, but so far I am liking the X5.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Terry, is this photo altered anyway with a noise filter? Just curious to why this particular image has it in the darker areas.

Attachments

• grain-noise.jpg
    grain-noise.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide