Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Power Adaptor For I1. Use With Out Battery?

Reaction score
Website
www.powerdronesales.com
Hey Fellow Pilots,
I was just curious if there is a power adapter for on table running of the I1 without using the battery. You know, a wall adapter of sort.
Many of us like to do updates but also want to do pre flight checks and other things like flying the simulator and such with out having to use our batteries for this. Anyone have any ideas? If anyone feels like I do about this, then maybe someone will come up with it. I hope! I want to conserve batteries when I can.
What do you think about this?

I just use a battery to test stuff and usually it's my crappiest one that gets this fate......charge on site in between breaks and stuff...usually bring 7-8 batteries...plus 4 chargers.
Well, that's the extreme! Im talking about a adapter for testing on the bench. and used as a tool so we don't use up our batteries for such testing. A regulated supply adapter for bench use. That would be the s**t!!

Well, that's the extreme! Im talking about a adapter for testing on the bench. and used as a tool so we don't use up our batteries for such testing. A regulated supply adapter for bench use. That would be the s**t!!

Right, I use it for that as well... usually the crappiest one.

The battery I initially got with the i1 was kinda that battery and has been...never really use it for a flight pack

after doing a little research I realized that if one supplied an existing battery top with the electronic board and contacts I could definitely produce what you seek fairly inexpensively. the difficulty in doing so without the aforementioned items is not the main power spades but the spring loaded connectors oriented next to them.
Absolutely what im talking about! You have the idea that I have.Lets make it happen so that we can make flying the I1 more favorable when it comes to an official personal tool for all of us!.. Spread the word! The 4 pogo pins mean really nothing when it comes to just running the I1 on the bench unless someone wants to take that task into hand. Just a power supply would be cool non the the less. Everything else can be done thru the Go app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chnjab
If you can come up with the battery top with the board and connectors I can make the rest happen. I'm sure there are a ton of the components we need out there as the battery typically becomes damaged on the bottom during impact and damages the cells internally. I already have the sources, what I need to buy, and exactly how to assemble it. You'll have what looks like a battery with a cord that plugs into any 110 outlet and allow you to press the button, light up all the green lights, and power the bird as if it was on battery power. Hell get an extension cord and you can fly in small circles lol.
Ok! Not small circles but it is a start Lol!!? I like that! Now for our very own patent!??

Many of us like to do updates but also want to do pre flight checks and other things like flying the simulator and such with out having to use our batteries for this
Preflight checks should be done with the actual setup that is going to fly including the battery to have any validity.
Updates... please don't do those with an AC adapter, the last thing you want is a voltage dip or mains interruption that bricks your unit.

Sim, why not. But if you're gonna fly the sim for hours it's not like you can't spend half an hour to recharge a pack afterwards.

Why would pre flight checks have to be done with a battery those values should change only depending on location compass , IMU etc. The main thing is it would be nice to navigate thru the Go app change settings etc . without using battery power.

Reactions: Blue Bird
Because your preflight checks are obviously done on location right before takeoff for the reason you mentioned (I doubt you've got a mains outlet there on the field) and include checking battery status and condition which you can't do if not using the battery you're about to fly with?
Does spending 5 minutes doing checks and the 1% drop in battery % it will cause really matter that much?

Because your preflight checks are obviously done on location right before takeoff for the reason you mentioned (I doubt you've got a mains outlet there on the field) and include checking battery status and condition which you can't do if not using the battery you're about to fly with?
Does spending 5 minutes doing checks and the 1% drop in battery % it will cause really matter that much?

some people are very particular about maximizing flight time for some reason?

Reactions: Blue Bird
With all due respect I think you guys are missing the point it's not about maximizing flight time or doing pre-flight checks , just saying an a/c power option would be nice (obviously when your not flying or want to check full battery status) when you want to go thru/get famaliar with the app and all its features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa