Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pre programmed flight for mapping with inspire v2

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Just wondering if anyone has had luck with an Inspire v2 and way point flights. None of the apps seem to work properly for Android anyway. Any luck on android or ios? . I've tried litchi. Drone deploy. Pix4d. Ucgs.

Just finished a large "before and after" type of photogrammetry project. We used the GO APP on iOS (iPad Air 2) to record and later fly waypoints over a grid (about 400 meters x 400 meters) of ground targets spaced 10 meters apart that were placed per GPS coordinates.

For the "before" analysis, we had to fly the pattern first (in F mode), up one row about 400 meters, then back down the next row over, back to the starting point. This resulted in 4 waypoints; one at the beginning of the row, another at the end, then jogging over to the next row for another waypoint, and finally back to us at the end of the row for the last one. Pretty basic.

Then, we saved the mission as a favorite. We'd put a new battery in, take off, switch to F, bring up the saved mission, start it, adjust the speed down to about 1.2 m/s and the slave controller guy operated the camera.

For the "after" process, all we had to do was bring up each of the favorite missions in swquence in F mode and go. We didn't have to change batteries as often because we didn't have to fly each mission twice, so it worked perfectly and we got great data in less time than anticipated.

Seems unnecessarily complicated. I could not justify doing commercial jobs this way. You didn't say how you worked out the distance between rows to get the correct overlap for your height or how frequently you take a photo to get the correct overlap.

Map Pilot app gets the job done correctly every time for me.

Reactions: Djeszelda
Seems unnecessarily complicated. I could not justify doing commercial jobs this way. You didn't say how you worked out the distance between rows to get the correct overlap for your height or how frequently you take a photo to get the correct overlap.

Map pilot is very good at this, and their processing costs if you choose to use it aren't ridiculous. I've heard good reports of Drone Deploy also.

We're shooting for at least 60% overlap, 7 meters AGL. The slave camera operator is taking single frames as fast as the system will allow, at 1.1 to 1.2 m/s speed.

I'll have to check out Map Pilot...but, we didn't have knowledge of it at the time.

We're shooting for at least 60% overlap, 7 meters AGL. The slave camera operator is taking single frames as fast as the system will allow, at 1.1 to 1.2 m/s speed.

I'll have to check out Map Pilot...but, we didn't have knowledge of it at the time.
Are you saying .....7....
or 70 meters AGL? Your GSD must be incredible at 7 meters and a very large amount of flight lines, flight time, and a bigger sidelap based on the FOV

Hey guys.
Just wondering if anyone has had luck with an Inspire v2 and way point flights. None of the apps seem to work properly for Android anyway. Any luck on android or ios? . I've tried litchi. Drone deploy. Pix4d. Ucgs.

I have active users of DJI Ultimate Flight reporting no issue. Have you tried it?

One feature of the
Haven't tried yet. Does it do pre programmed way points better then litchi?

It includes a number of pre-defines waypoint types not available in any other app. For example, flying a panorama is a 1-touch operation and flying an orbit at any point during a mission is a 1-touch operation. These special types allow you to configure the parameters and the app calculates the waypoints needed.

A few demo videos by me and users:

There is also a (patent pending) mission template capability. A mission template is a definition of a mission that can be used at any location. Basically, you define mission templates with flight patterns and then you can load them at any location you want to use them.

I don't know what specifically issues you where having of features you are looking for so it's difficult to give a good answer comparing the 2 but you can email me directly and I also give a 7-day refund policy (much more than other apps) just to be sure you have the time to property test it out.

I'll take a look at it. I am wanting to do mapping so choose an area a height and overlap of images taken. Have the mission flown in a grid pattern and the images taken automatically. Pix4d or drop deeploy should have worked but they don't for me.

Does this work for the matrice 100 and 600?

I'll take a look at it. I am wanting to do mapping so choose an area a height and overlap of images taken. Have the mission flown in a grid pattern and the images taken automatically. Pix4d or drop deeploy should have worked but they don't for me.

Does this work for the matrice 100 and 600?

The app does not yet have a map calculator, you would need to manually define the flight but it does have settings to control gimbal and camera as part of the mission setup. It should work with the Matrice but you may need to join the beat in order to get the latest SDK from DJI that better supports the Matrice 600. The beta link is: Sign in - Google Accounts

I don't have either of these aircraft to connect but if there is something you need feel free to contact me and I'll see if there is something I can do to address what is needed.

Are you saying .....7....
or 70 meters AGL? Your GSD must be incredible at 7 meters and a very large amount of flight lines, flight time, and a bigger sidelap based on the FOV

Yes, 7 meters AGL. Targets are 10 meters apart. Each line of targets gets 2 passes; one with the targets in the middle of the frame, and the other halfway over so that the initial line is in the right side of the frame, with the next line on the left side of the frame at the same time. At least 5 or 6 exposures are taken as the I1 flys at 1.1 to 1.2 m/s from target to target as they pass the frame from top to middle to bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide