Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pretty amazing

Now that's truly impressive. Also, what's it following? Not a great big bulky controller that's for sure.

Would really like this facility in the next inspire hopefully to follow a phone App. Add to that collision avoidance and a second basic camera for the pilot when using a second operator.

Last edited:
Haven't seen this posted.
Interested to see what the Phantom 4 will offer.
Don't be fooled - it's not doing what you think it's doing.
Notice the tracking markers (grey balls) located around the aircraft?
These are used by a series of cameras located overhead to feed positional data to the controller and aid with collision avoidance.
Nobody wanted to show the ceiling in this presentation because any questions would have been embarrassing for them.

Maybe so. Look like lights to me. Also appeared to be avoiding the cactus while flying in the Mexico film.

Obviiously you may be right but its certainly the way to go. it seemed to work in the trees. i hesr what you say and as i recall the firdt iphone demo by jobs didnt actually work and it was a carefully scripted demo that made it appear better than it was.

That said, if it works as they showed it makes the phantom look a bit of a dullard.

Reactions: slim.slamma
...... Also appeared to be avoiding the cactus while flying in the Mexico film.
Does it though.....look carefully again. At no point is there a shot showing the aircraft actively avoiding an obstacle. There is no footage that shows the target (cyclist) in frame with the aircraft following and then coming up a against an obstruction, avoiding it and continuing to track the target. It is all cut away shots and graphic overlays.

Looks pretty nice , great technology and his speech was encouraging about the future of these platforms for video and pictures...

It's likely that the Yuneec Typhoon H isn't as capable of collision avoidance as they're making it out to be but it better have some capabilities in that area or they will face lawsuits and lose unless there's some really fine print.

But, this is new tech so I kind of expect it to be only modestly effective at this point. You gotta start somewhere...

Brian

Haven't seen this posted.
Interested to see what the Phantom 4 will offer.
Looks cool, great tech. However you notice how they hardly cut to the footage the drone is shooting. I'd imagine because those who suffer from motion sickness would be decorating their keyboards. ;)

The only thing i like about this drone is that it is a hex, apart from that this video does nothing to sell the drone or show what it can do outside of avoiding obstacles...

Don't be fooled - it's not doing what you think it's doing.
Notice the tracking markers (grey balls) located around the aircraft?
These are used by a series of cameras located overhead to feed positional data to the controller and aid with collision avoidance.
Nobody wanted to show the ceiling in this presentation because any questions would have been embarrassing for them.
Smoke and mirrors...why they would do this is deceptive salesmanship.

In don't know about the Typhoon H but Yuneec has a six blade hexacopter called the Tornado that can carry a Panasonic G4 and it's own Yuneec, interchangeable lens camera and, I would suspect, a Sony a7s in the future. It does not have collision avoidance. It does come with a two handle unit that allows you to take the camera and gimbal off the copter and create your own gimbal stabilizer for hand-held shots much like a Ronin M. It boasts long battery life, 25 mins flying per battery. It is expensive, close to $10,000. Tornado H920

We are, however, on the DJI forum and our company is not ready to toss our Inspire 1, which has worked perfectly for us, just yet. I believe DJI will have to do reto upgrades for existing Inspires or risk losing market share. Normally in business, that's the beauty of competition, the consumer gets a better product and, of course, the company makes more money. We'll see if that happens with the Inspire firmware. I hope so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillisSpa